Coding is a new language – every child deserves to be fluent!
This is the core of SAP’s belief and investment in Africa Code Week.
Africa Code Week ran from October 15-23, 2016, and achieved incredible results:
- 426,758 young Africans were introduced to coding – smashing our original goal of reaching 150,000 young people!
- 30 countries across the continent particpated in Africa Code Week
- We were proud to record over 50% girls participated in Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Maroc, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo and Tunisia!
- Thousands of coding workshops took place over nine days
- Work commenced in June – September, with hundreds of Train The Trainer sessions being held all over Africa
- Registration and activity planning took place from August – October
- Africa Code Week 2016 officially kicked off on October 15!
- Africa Code Week 2017 : Our goal for 2017 is to reach 500,000 youngsters.