SAP NEWSBYTE — With mobile playing a critical role in helping to simplify business, SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that line-of-business mobile apps from SAP are ready for full-scale customer deployment on the new Samsung GALAXY Tab Active. Apps from SAP, including the SAP® Work Manager, SAP CRM Service Manager and SAP Inventory Manager mobile apps, are tested and able to run on the new tablet from Samsung launched today.
The first tablet designed with business use in mind, the new Samsung GALAXY Tab Active is compatible with mobile apps from SAP that help businesses keep their operations more productive by providing employees with anytime, anywhere access to key information and processes.
Line-of-business mobile apps from SAP pre-certified for the Samsung GALAXY Tab Active tablet include:
- SAP Work Manager: Empowers the workforce with everything needed to efficiently install, inspect, maintain and repair assets in the field. The mobile app can also help mitigate the risk of injury by helping workers complete safety checks and follow safe work practices.
- SAP CRM Service Manager: Boosts productivity and customer satisfaction by giving field engineers quick access to the right resources and information — at the point of service. With field service mobile software, technicians can access service-relevant information anytime, anywhere.
- SAP Inventory Manager mobile app: Ensures that parts and equipment are always available to enable timely and efficient maintenance of field assets. With the mobile app, precise tracking and paperless management of inventory helps increase productivity, lower costs, optimize the supply chain and improve customer service.
Built specifically for the enterprise, the Samsung GALAXY Tab Active delivers key features including:
- An anti-shock, protective cover that can withstand a 1.2-meter drop
- Water and dust resistance with IP67 certification
- A detachable battery providing 8-10 hour, long-lasting battery life
- A thin and light profile at 9.75mm thickness and 393 gram weight
- Built-in NFC
- 3.1MP Auto Focus Camera for barcode scanning
“Samsung is making it easy for enterprises to deploy its devices in the workplace by delivering a new enterprise tablet that is compatible with line of business applications that support key functions and processes,” said Rick Costanzo, executive vice president and general manager of Global Mobility Solutions, SAP. “Working with partners such as Samsung, SAP can help our customers drive productivity and engagement with our innovative mobile apps.”
SAP will exhibit at Super Mobility Week powered by CTIA, taking place September 9- 11 in Las Vegas in booth 4414. SAP Work Manager, SAP CRM Service Manager and SAP Inventory Management will be available for demonstration on the Samsung GALAXY Tab Active.
Julie Fargel, +1 650-276-8964, email@example.com, PDT
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.