SAP and HERE challenged developers to create innovative applications that leverage the IoT using SAP HANA Cloud Platform and the HERE Platform for Business.
Together in December 2015, SAP and HERE launched the 2016 SAP and HERE IoT Apps Challenge to seek out the most innovative IoT applications from our ecosystem that would deliver the highest value to our customers’ businesses and showcase the best use of SAP HANA Cloud Platform and the HERE Platform for Business.
Those interested in participating in the challenge had until April 15 to submit their use case proposals. Experts from both SAP and HERE reviewed the submissions based on specific criteria including: user experience, functionality, customer appeal, business value and overall use of SAP technology and location intelligence services by HERE. Based on this review process, SAP and HERE narrowed it down and selected two winning apps.
Who are the Winners of the 2016 SAP and HERE IoT Apps Challenge?
- Fichtner IT Consulting AG, with the winning app “BGI GridAnalytics”
- msg global solutions AG, with the winning app “IoTA (IoT Analyzer)”
Fichtner IT Consulting AG built a BGI GridAnalytics application using SAP HANA Cloud Platform and the HERE Location Platform services.
- Delivers a 360-degree view of all assets and their distribution pattern
- Visualizes historical, current, and predicted power generation to increase field service workers’ productivity
- Analyzes individual assets based on detailed geographical and weather information
msg global solutions AG built an IoTA (IoT Analayizer) application using SAP HANA Cloud Platform and the HERE Location Platform services.
- The solution has a sophisticated IoT input data based scoring engine for actuarial data analysis
- Based on this insights insurers can design individual usage-based rating models eg IOTA auto insurers can conduct more accurate risk analysis and build new models to produce better rates
- A customer portal is granting simple access to visualized analytics based feedback about usage of the insured objects and their users (e.g. driver)
We congratulate Fichtner IT Consulting AG and msg global solutions AG on winning the challenge for their smart new innovative IoT application and its distinct use of SAP HANA Cloud Platform and HERE Platform for Business.
SAP had the opportunity to officially conclude the challenge and award the winners by hosting a session with a live audience on the show floor at the SAPPHIRE NOW conference, held in Orlando from May 17-19. The session took place on May 17 at 3:30 pm and was led by myself and Eric Fumat, VP Enterprise Sales, HERE. (Check out pictures from the session below)
As winners of the 2016 SAP and HERE IoT Apps Challenge, Fichtner IT Consulting AG and msg global solutions AG have both received enablement, certification and go-to-market support from SAP and HERE. The winning applications can be found in the SAP HANA App Center, where it is discoverable and available to SAP’s 310,000 customers worldwide.
Are you interested in building new and innovative applications? Simply visit the partner center and join the program today!
Thorsten Leiduck is Global Vice President, Platform Partner Ecosystem, SAP.