SAP Data Quality Management, microservices for location data, allows developers to embed data cleansing and enrichment services within any business process or application to HTTPS/JSON-based services running on SAP Cloud Platform.
Developers can now simply integrate these services into their own applications to provide address cleansing/validation, geocoding, and reverse geocoding capabilities.
In June 2016, SAP released a beta version of the SAP Data Quality Management, microservices for location data offering on SAP Cloud Platform, developer edition. This offering is now generally available (GA) to customers.
Details of the three services provided in the initial release include:
- Address Cleansing:
- Verify address per postal authority reference data as correct
- Standardize the way the address looks and is structured
- Correct components of an address if incorrect
- Enhance an address with missing attributes
- Assign diagnostic codes which describe why incorrect or what was corrected
- Geocoding: Append latitude and longitude given an address
- Reverse Geocoding: Provide address(es) given a latitude and longitude
These services integrate easily into any application. However, SAP is developing pre-built integrations of these services in other applications, which will provide a simple way to consume this functionality.
Learn more about this offering via these additional resources:
- ASUG webinar and presentation (member log-in required)
- SAP Help Portal documentation
- SAP Community blog
Integration with SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA
SAP’s out-of-the-box integration provides address cleansing/validation and geocoding at the point of data entry. This allows users to ensure that all data coming into their systems have clean and valid address information. The integration also supports enriching entities with geocodes as well.
This integration currently works with:
- SAP S/4HANA (on premise/private cloud)
- SAP ERP (through the Enterprise Central Component)
- SAP Master Data Governance
- SAP Customer Relationship Management
This integration will be provided through an ABAP add-on component referred to as SAP Data Quality Management, version for SAP (DQM4SAP). This add-on has been around for a long time and has historically provided this sort of integration leveraging on-premsie solutions SAP Data Services and SAP HANA, smart data quality.
More information about the SP09 release:
Integration with SAP Data Services
SAP Data Services 4.2 SP08 now provides a new transformation integrating with the SAP Data Quality Management, microservices. Data Services customers can now quickly and easily setup address cleansing, geocoding, and reverse geocoding using the microservices vs. using the built-in capabilities which require additional licensing of reference data and management of that reference data on-premise.
SAP Data Services customers could also set up hybrid scenarios to use the on-premise reference data to process countries where there are large volumes of data and to send other countries to the microservice to better manage overall cost.
More information about the integration with SAP Data Services is available on the SAP Community Wiki.