SINGAPORE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) Macro-economic challenges in Australia and Japan influenced year-on-year decline of non-IFRS software and cloud subscription revenue in the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region by 7%. “During the quarter, we saw accelerating adoption of SAP Cloud solutions delivering growth in the strong triple-digits. SAP HANA, our in-memory database, grew at 37% year-on-year as customers adopt the technology to build advanced applications and underpin their SAP Business Suite environment,” said Steve Watts, President, SAP Asia Pacific Japan.
“This acceleration in the adoption of SAP Cloud solutions and SAP HANA puts us in a strong position when macro-economic conditions in Australia and Japan improve. China, India, Korea and Southeast Asia delivered positive growth results, with China doubling revenue in sequential quarters,” he said.
Public and private sector customer wins in Q2FY13 included China Resources Enterprise, Limited (CRE), Cipla (India), Department of Posts (India), Dongfang Electric Corporation (China), Jaguar Land Rover Australia (JLR) (Japan), Samsung Life Insurance (Korea), Shanghai HEADING Information Engineering Co., Ltd (China), Shanghai Huayi Group (China), Usha International Ltd. (India) and Varun Beverages Limited (India).
- China Resources Enterprise (CRE), a large producer of consumer goods in China, selected SAP 360 Customer and SAP Trade Promotion Management over Oracle. With SAP, CRE expects to receive the speed and flexibility it needs to execute its winning strategy from any device, anytime, anywhere.
- Cipla, a pharmaceutical company based in India, has chosen SAP Business ByDesign to create a unified financial management system across all its subsidiaries that integrates with SAP ECC (ERP Central Component) 6.0 at its head office. With SAP, Cipla expects to be far more agile with the ability to acquire assets as markets change.
- Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC), an industrial machinery company in China, selected SAP Manufacturing Execution. With SAP, DEC expects to improve its manufacturing intelligence, integration and performance, and enhance the overall backbone and economy of the country.
- Jaguar Land Rover Australia (JLR), part of UK-based subsidiary of Tata Motors, selected SAP Cloud for Travel. With SAP, JLR expects to improve the travel approval process and increase visibility into travel and entertainment spending.
- Shanghai HEADING Information Engineering Co., Ltd, a services and software provider to the retail industry in China, selected SAP BusinessObjects. By bundling SAP BusinessObjects with its ERP solution, Shanghai HEADING Information Engineering expects to deliver a best in class retail platform to its customers.
- Shanghai Huayi Group, one of China’s largest chemical manufacturing, owns more than 20 wholly-owned and share-holding subsidiaries. With SAP, Shanghai Huayi Group expects to improve capital operations, resources sharing and technological management to advance the company into the world’s top 50 chemical makers.
- Usha, a leading home appliance and auto components company based out of India, selected SAP HANA for ECC (ERP Central Component), SCM (Supply Chain Management) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) applications. These solutions are expected to increase production flexibility and provide shorter financial close cycles with deeper analytical insights for decision making.
- Varun Beverages Limited, a food and beverages company based in India, selected SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA to support faster, smarter and real-time decision making. With SAP, Varun Beverages expects to provide real-time analytical reporting to key stakeholders, bring 20% reduction in the MRP (Material Requirements Planning) process and overall 15% reduction in overall order processing time.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 248,500 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
For more information, press only:
Jeanette Tan, +65 6664 4535, firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudia Cortes, +65 6664 4450, email@example.com