As part of this initiative Citrix will serve as a valued partner for SAP solution upgrades in North America. This announcement between Citrix and SAP is the latest in a long-standing partnership designed to benefit mutual customers by enhancing the return on investment of their IT infrastructure. The companies will work more closely together on future customer engagements, technical integration, and marketing initiatives.
The Citrix and SAP alliance will further benefit joint customers by:
- Offering optimized network connections to achieve consistent performance, thereby avoiding network cost escalations.
- Providing greater security through published browsers and applications as a published browser can be easily controlled from the server, eliminating the burden of downloading new updates for users.
- Facilitating application upgrades without requiring user disruption.
- Publishing applications that facilitate easy testing before production rollout.
- Providing a centralized deployment mechanism so that application rollouts can be completed to an entire user population in minutes.
- Improved security, audit, and control of end-user environments affords greater regulatory compliance.
“Citrix offers customers and prospects years of experience in SAP solution and upgrade deployments, and we’re very pleased to be working closely with them to simplify and speed these installations for our customers,” said Bill McDermott, president and chief executive officer, SAP America, Inc. “Our joint business model is designed to provide a compelling value proposition for SAP upgrade customers who are seeking secure, scalable, rapid application deployments.”
“Joint customers who choose to upgrade their SAP solutions do so because of its compelling business value. By using Citrix software to implement SAP, customers will be able to unlock this value more quickly and easily,” said Mark Templeton, president and chief executive officer for Citrix. “In addition, with this expanded partnership, we are excited to be able to bring our platform and access infrastructure solutions to large enterprise customers by leveraging SAP’s extensive relationships, global presence and market leadership.”
Source: SAP AG