Among the largest SAP user groups are the German-Speaking SAP User Group (DSAG) and the Americas’ SAP Users’ Group (ASUG). In 2007, the umbrella group SUGEN – the SAP User Group Executive Network – was founded as the global voice of all user groups.
Both sides benefit
The user groups collaborate closely with SAP. However, they understand themselves to be separate associations, both organizationally and financially. The groups represent the users’ opinions and address their members’ interests to SAP. Together with SAP, they want to improve products and make them more user-friendly.
SAP benefits from the practical experience and country-specific know-how of the user groups. In return, their members influence the SAP product portfolio and future developments.
The members of the SAP user groups quickly receive comprehensive, product-specific information to improve their business processes. The exchange of experience among the members also consolidates the influence on strategic development and SAP’s portfolio to create need-based solutions for all customers.
The network has two main advantages:
- Exchange of knowledge and experience
- Exertion of influence
The exchange between the user groups and SAP occurs within various initiatives and programs:
- 360° feedback by SAP customers
This is a series of surveys of various user groups worldwide to provide SAP with ongoing, independent, and customer-driven feedback concerning experiences with SAP products and services. Within each survey, participants are asked to give feedback on the entire life cycle, from selecting to operating the SAP solutions and services.
- Upgrade Program
The upgrade program allows SAP user groups to provide highly detailed feedback on all aspects related to upgrades of the SAP ERP application. The results allow both SAP and the user groups to better understand SAP customers’ upgrade intentions and to allocate appropriate resources. The program’s ideal target audience consists of organizations that are currently running a software release prior to SAP ERP 6.0.
- ASUG/SAP Benchmarking and Best Practices
This survey-based initiative identifies the strengths of SAP customers and provides information on opportunities for improvement. The topics range from supply chain management and human capital management to the total cost of ownership of a solution. Participants learn about current and emerging methods to help them improve their business performance.
- Influence Program
The Influence program gives members of the SAP user groups direct access to SAP, allowing them to continually provide input for SAP’s next generation of solutions and services. The initiative formalizes SAP customers’ input on existing and future SAP solutions and takes short-, medium-, and long-term product road maps into account.
- Voice of the Customer
This program provides SAP with the current pulse of SAP users and supports continuous communication between customers and SAP on key products and support strategies. Various programs exist, such as ASUG Voice of the Customer, in which ASUG members have the chance to voice their thoughts on SAP products, strategy, and account relationships.
Networking the network
SUGEN, founded in 2007, represents all of the 31 active SAP user groups. SUGEN is a collaborative group of 12 user groups representing customers from the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Middle East and North Africa, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and Japan.
This umbrella organization promotes exchange among the user groups and provides a single communication channel for SAP to circulate topics of global relevance to all user groups at the same time.
User Groups and Their Member Countries
- Americas’ SAP User Group (ASUG): United States and Canada
- Grupo de Usuarios de HCM: Argentina
- Associação de Usuários do SAP Brasil (ASUG Brasil): Brazil
- ASUG Chile: Chile
- ASUG Colombia: Colombia
- ASUG México y Centroamérica (ASUG Mexico): Mexico and Central America
- Africa SAP User Group (AFSUG): Africa
- Belgian User Group (SAPience.be): Belgium
- Danish User Group Foreningen Af SAP Brugere (FSD): Denmark
- SAP Finnish User Group (SAP FINUG): Finland
- Utilisateurs SAP Francophones (USF): France
- Deutschsprachige SAP-Anwendergruppe e.V. (DSAG): Germany, Austria, Switzerland
- Associazione Utillizzatori Sistemi E tecnologie Dell’Ínformazione (AUSED): Italy
- Israelian User Group (ISUG): Israel
- SAP Users Group Middle East & North Africa (SUG-MENA): Middle East and North Africa
- Vereniging Nederlandstalige SAP Gebruikers (VNSG): Netherlands
- Norwegian User Group (SBN Norge): Norway
- Associação de Utilizadores SAP em Portugal (GUSP): Portugal
- Slovenski Uporabniki SAP (SUSAP): Slovenia
- Asociación de Usuarios de SAP en España (AUSAPE): Spain
- SAP Svenska Användarförening (SAPSA): Sweden
- SAP UK & Ireland User Group: United Kingdom and Ireland
- SAP Australian User Group (SAUG): Australia
- Chinese SAP User Group: China
- SAP User Group Hong Kong (SUGHK): Hong Kong
- INDUS: India
- Japan SAP Users’ Group (JSUG): Japan
- Korea SAP Users’ Group (KSUG): Korea
- New Zealand User Group (NZUG): New Zealand
- Users of SAP in the Philippines (USAP): Philippines
- SAP Thai User Group: Thailand