It was a year without parallel. As social media, social networking, and social commerce gained in stature in the broader marketplace, SAP Community Network continued to refine, extend, and leverage social business as a strategic mechanism to deliver positive results to our customers, our partners, and SAP. This past year, we reached many milestones and set new records of achievement.
As we close-down 2010, I want to share several highlights from the SAP communities, the SAP TechEd events, and SAP EcoHub that we can all take pride in delivering together.
SAP Community Network Key Accomplishments
- Grew to nearly 2.3 million individual community members
- Attracted more than 38 million visits in 2010
- >200 million pages of content were viewed/consumed
- Launched Code Exchange with strong adoption + market reaction + >50 projects
- Gains in social media leadership across SAP + via external recognition
- Community network + SAP EcoHub increased SAP’s overall brand value, according to Interbrand
- Launched Mobility and ALM topic areas in SAP Community Network
- SAP Community Network article library now searchable by product, date, author, topic
- SAP Community Network featured in four books during 2010 + many articles + conferences
- Idea Place was piloted at SAPPHIRE NOW … launched at SAP TechEd … and now has 1200 ideas, 700 comments, 4000 votes
- Multiple topic/audience newsletters w/ >1M subscribers and nearly 2M impressions per month
- SEO best practices drove 300% increase in search traffic to the community network from Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- Sybase community synergies were captured w/ SAP Community Network via websites and newsletters
- ASUG alignment @ communities + events
- SAP Community Network Net Promoter Score at world-class 65%
To read the remainder of Mark’s blog, visit his SAP Community Network page.