At this year’s CeBIT, SAP’s stands will focus on the topics of cloud computing, in-memory technology, mobility, and business analytics.
One of the highlights of the world’s largest IT convention in 2011 will be SAP’s presentation of SAP Sales OnDemand. SAP co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe announced the new solution and showed off a few screenshots back at the SAPPHIRE 2010 event; for more, check out the article “SAP Sales OnDemand: Facebook for Business.”
On March 1, the opening day of CeBIT 2011, SAP will also be presenting new business apps for iPhone and iPad and demonstrate to SAP customers how SAP High-Performance Analytic Appliance (SAP HANA) enables real-time data access. Meanwhile, the company will join the German state of Hesse and the printing company Bundesdruckerei GmbH in revealing Germany’s new electronic ID card. German Chancellor Angela Merkel is also scheduled to pay SAP a visit at CeBIT.
Small businesses and midsize companies should stop by Stand A 18 in Hall 5, where SAP and 20 of its partner organizations will be showing off products tailored to this segment – including SAP Business ByDesign.
The Public Sector Parc in Hall 9 will feature solutions for civil administration. At Stand C 52, for example, attendees will have the chance to appraise software for demographically oriented human resource management, sustainable budget and financial management, administrative management, and e-government. The topic of smart energy grids will also be covered.
At Stand D 04 in Hall 4, meanwhile, the focus will be on technology, compliance, various industry solutions, and in-memory computing. Representatives from the Hasso Plattner Institute and the German-speaking SAP User Group (DSAG) will also be on hand.
Read on: An overview of all the events
Event highlights at SAP’s CeBIT stands
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- SAP, the German state of Hesse, and Bundesdruckerei GmbH will present Germany’s new electronic ID card
- “Sneak preview” of SAP Sales OnDemand
- Introductions of SAP’s new mobile applications
- New functions in SAP Business All-in-One
- SAP University Alliances roundtable featuring the host country Turkey
- Product demos of SAP HANA, SAP Sales OnDemand, and mobile apps
- Press roundtable on SAP HANA / SAP BusinessObjects BI X 4.0
- Press roundtable on SAP Business ByDesign and SAP’s on-demand / cloud strategy
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- Public sector roundtable on electronic ID cards, featuring Michael Kleinemeier, managing director of SAP Deutschland AG & Co. KG; the German state of Hesse; and Bundesdruckerei GmbH
- Mobility roundtable
- Social media presentation of Hasso Plattner’s book, joint press conference with the publishing house Springer