It’s coming up again soon: Between May 14 and 16, SAPPHIRE NOW will be held in the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Traditionally, the English-speaking SAP user group ASUG also uses the event to meet up – and this year is no exception. As at every SAPPHIRE NOW, the three days will be filled with numerous keynotes, demo sessions, and panel discussions. What’s more, over 240 exhibitors and SAP partners will be presenting their new products.
SAPPHIRE NOW is divided into five areas: Analytics, Cloud, Database and Technology, Mobile, and Run Better. Analytics comprises business intelligence, enterprise information management, GRC, the line-of-business solutions (LoB), and collaboration software. On the Cloud campus, visitors can watch demonstrations of on-demand applications and solutions from SuccessFactor, and also have the opportunity to find out more about cloud technology. In the Database and Technology area, test drives with SAP HANA as well as application platforms and middleware can be seen. On the Mobile campus, SAP will be presenting mobile platforms and applications, in addition to new business apps and rapid deployment solutions (RDS). The Run Better area devotes itself to the topic of sustainability and special industry solutions.
In the Meet our Customers Pavilion and the Executive Meeting Center, visitors can take part in panel discussions with customers and SAP experts.
But, like every year, the highlights are the SAP CEO keynotes. SAP Co-CEO Bill McDermott kicks off on Monday at 8:30 am. In the afternoon, Michael J. Stoko, ASUG vice chairperson, Anthony J. Bosco, ASUG chairperson, and Bridgette Chambers, ASUG CEO take the stage from 4:30 to 6 pm.
On Tuesday, SAP Co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe will be speaking between 8:30 and 10:30 am. More technology news is expected on Wednesday. Hasso Plattner, chairman of the SAP Supervisory Board, will be making an appearance at 8:30 am. Vishal Sikka will also be present then to hold his keynote.
On the evening of the last day of the conference, visitors can expect a special finale. At 9 pm, SAPPHIRE NOW participants will be treated to an exclusive concert by the hard rock band Van Halen in the Amway Center.
You can register for the conference on the SAPPHIRE NOW Web site. That’s where you’ll also find all the detailed information about keynotes, sessions, and the demo center.
On the following pages, we’ve summarized the most important sessions and panels from Monday through Wednesday.
On Sunday, registration opens on site and you can pick up your participant ID. SAPPHIRE NOW officially kicks off on Monday. Here’s a sneak preview of the highlights:
Monday, May 14, 2012
- 10:30 am – 12.30 pm: SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA (ASUG event)
- 10:30 – 11:15 am: Improve Forecasts with Planning and Consolidation on SAP HANA
- 10:30 – 11:15 am: Mobile App Mania: Strategies for the Next Generation of Business
- 10:30 – 11:15 am: Leveraging SAP HANA for Predictive Analytics, microforum discussion
- 10:30 – 11:00 am: SAP HANA Use Cases, education session (ASUG event)
- 10:30 – 10:50 am: Big Data Innovations in Banking, demo theater
- 11 – 11:30 am: SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for OLAP on SAP HANA, education session ( ASUG event)
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: SAP NetWeaver Process Integration – Strategy and Roadmap, education session (ASUG event)
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Cloud Platform for SAP Edge On-Demand, education session (ASUG event)
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: The Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) Architecture Overview and Landscape Considerations, education session (ASUG event)
- 1 – 1:45 pm: How to Enrich Your SAP HANA Environment, microforum discussion
- 1 – 1:45 pm: Putting SAP HANA to Work: Real-World Customer Business Cases, microforum discussion
- 1 – 1:20 pm: Introducing the New SAP Mobile Platform, 20-minute presentation
- 1 – 1:20 pm: SAP HANA: Real-Time Business Platform Overview, 20-minute presentation
- 1:45 – 2:45 pm: Best Practices for Integrating SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP ERP, education session (ASUG event)
- 1:45 – 2:45 pm: Update on SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.3 and Further Roadmap, education session (ASUG event)
- 1:45 – 2:45 pm: SAP’s Hot Top 10 Enhancement Packages Business Functions and How to Get Them, education session (ASUG event)
- 2 – 2:45 pm: Real-Time Analytics for Small and Midsize Customers, Powered by SAP HANA, microforum discussion
- 3 – 3:45 pm: Android in the Enterprise, microforum discussion
- 3 – 3:45 pm: Application Development in the Cloud: SAP’s Strategy and Innovations, microforum discussion
- 3 – 3:20 pm: Mobile Apps from SAP: Vision and Road Map, 20-minute presentation
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- 11 am – noon: What’s New for SAP Crystal Reports in SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Feature Pack 3, education session (ASUG event)
- 11 am – noon: SAP HANA, Mobility and Advanced Business Intelligence – Understanding the New Technology Adoption Roadmap, education session (ASUG event)
- 11 am – noon: SAP BusinessObjects BI and SAP HANA, education session (ASUG event)
- 11 – 11:45 am: Compare SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse and SAP HANA, microforum discussion
- Noon – 12:45: SAP HANA in the Cloud – Get a Jump Start, microforum discussion
- 1 – 1:20 pm: SAP CRM Rapid-Deployment Solution for Mobile Sales, demo theater
- 2:15 – 2:45 pm: Implementing a Security Model with SAP HANA and SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0, education session
- 2:30 – 2:50 pm: Next-Generation Planning Solutions with SAP HANA, demo theater
- 3:30 – 3:50 pm: SuccessFactors Performance & Goals Delivers Better Business Results, demo theater
- 4 – 4:45 pm: Overview of Hardware Appliance Options for the SAP HANA Platform, microforum discussion
- 4:15 – 5:15 pm: SAP HANA Connectivity and Best Practices with SAP BusinessObjects, education session (ASUG event)
- 4:15 – 5:15 pm: Mobilize Your ERP System with Solutions from SAP and Sybase, education session (ASUG event)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- 11 am – noon: How to Load Data from SAP and Non-SAP Data Sources into SAP HANA in Batch Mode (ETL) Using SAP Business Objects Data Services, education session (ASUG event)
- 11 am – noon: SAP Mobility Platform Overview and Roadmap, education session (ASUG event)
- 11 – 11:45: Enhancement Package 5: The Benefits for Human Capital Management (HCM), microforum discussion
- 11:30 – 11:50 am: SAP Business One OnDemand: Easily and Flexibly Manage Your Business, demo theater
- 1 – 1:45 pm: SAP HANA in the Cloud: An Introduction, microforum discussion
- 1:45 – 2:45 pm: What’s New with SAP CRM in 2012? Latest Innovations and Future Roadmap, education session
- 2 – 2:45 pm: Tips from a Beta Customer: How SAP Taps the Power of SAP HANA, microforum discussion
- 2 – 2:45 pm: Fast-Track Your SAP HANA Implementation with Rapid-Deployment Solutions, microforum discussion
- 3 – 4 pm: SAP HANA and Accelerator Solutions for Governance Risk and Compliance, education session (ASUG event)
- 3:30 – 3:50 pm: Take Advantage of Your ERP and CRM Investments with the SAP HANA Platform, demo theater