ORLANDO — Extending its commitment to drive mobile innovation from the enterprise to consumers, SAP today announced a new wave of mobile apps designed to help people be more efficient whether at work, at home or pursing leisure activities. With the help of a thriving partner ecosystem, the new SAP mobile apps lay the foundation for growth by providing real-time mobile access to human resources (HR), sustainability, finance, sales and mobile commerce functions. This includes updated versions of existing SAP mobile apps available on more mobile platforms, including Android and RIM BlackBerry. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE NOW, being held in Orlando, Florida, May 14-16, 2012.
Mobile apps are transforming devices into useful productivity tools that enable people to save time, whether they are entering travel expenses, meeting with a customer, investigating a potential safety hazard, treating a patient at his bedside or purchasing an out-of-stock item at their favorite store. Innovations from SAP and its partners make it possible for people to quickly access a wide range of simple mobile apps to help them make informed decisions, any time and from anywhere.
“SAP is following through on its commitment to deliver innovative, engaging mobile apps for millions of people,” said Sanjay Poonen, president, head of Mobile Division, SAP. “With mobile serving as a major part of daily life, it is a top priority for most businesses that seek to simplify daily tasks for employees and their customers. SAP is leading the charge for businesses to run better with stunning, easy-to-use mobile apps that can manage and analyze today’s explosion of data—bringing business to people.”
Mobilizing Work Tasks for Employees On the Go
Entering travel expenses is a necessary evil for many workers. Most travel and expense systems require an employee to log onto back-office systems from a computer. SAP is empowering mobile workers to easily enter expenses while on the road, freeing them from tedious re-entry at a later date. The SAP Travel Expense Report mobile app allows business travelers to easily create expense reports from a mobile device. For example, users can save time by adding corporate credit card charges or quickly taking a photo of a receipt to submit expenses with a few clicks directly from a restaurant.
With the new SAP Learning Assistant mobile app, SAP helps learners explore and consume learning content anywhere and anytime. The app accesses SAP Learning Solution and allows learners to explore available learning content, manage course bookings and download and play e-learning content online in a range of formats right from their iPads. Learners can view personal notifications for expiring and required qualifications, as well as the recommended courses to fulfill them on time. Employees who to consume learning content off-site can now do so quickly and easily even in unconnected mode.
For sales executives the SAP Customer Briefing mobile app provides a real-time dashboard to help prepare them for customer interactions. This allows immediate access to critical client data in an easily consumable format. The app provides real-time visibility to internal customer relationship management (CRM) data, as well as external business, and news sources, while on the road. Sales professionals can easily view customer information in a visual format, helping ensure they are exceptionally well prepared for every customer meeting.
Companies focused on improving safety will have faster visibility to problems with the SAP EHS Safety Issue mobile app. Workers can log issues from their mobile device with a photo or video, as well as an audio recording, and send it directly to an incident or safety manager for corrective action. The app makes it easy for everyone to participate in creating a safer, more sustainable work environment and proactively reduce operational risks.
Bringing Mobile Commerce to Consumers and Businesses
With billions of mobile apps downloaded to date and hundreds of millions of mobile commerce users worldwide, what people do with their mobile devices is changing. SAP is supporting this monumental shift through its award-winning mobile customer engagement and commerce platform for banking, telecommunications, utilities, retail and consumer packaged goods. The mobile commerce portfolio from Sybase 365 has already been widely deployed by banks and mobile operators for mobile banking, mobile payments and mobile money services in both developed and emerging markets. This mobile commerce portfolio from Sybase 365 is a key component of the industry-leading SAP mobile platform for powering highly productive business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) mobile apps and services, including:
- Sybase 365 Mobile Banking, which enables subscribers to pay, buy, bank and remit money with any mobile device. It allows an end user to use his mobile phone as a micro bank, performing all banking tasks where instant information is important, such as inquiring about account balances, configuring notifications to receive account activity, paying bills, person-to-person (P2P) money transfers and applying for new products. This solution is available in retail, small to midsize business and corporate mobile banking editions.
- Sybase 365 Mobile Payments, which enables people to leverage a mobile wallet solution to pay bills and loans, make domestic P2P payments to known and unknown beneficiaries, remit money, top-up and pay for goods and services. The solution includes all the tools and services for managing merchants and for emerging markets managing agent networks.
- Sybase 365 Mobile Money, which enables financial institutions to offer a branchless financial inclusion service that allows them to offer financial products to un-banked and under-banked customer segments in a highly cost-effective manner, entirely through the mobile device. For the end user, mobile money supports money transfers, balance inquiries, bill payments, cash in/cash out via agents and self-service machines, as well as micro-payments and loan repayments. For bank agents, it offers a full suite of customer enrollment, KYC (Know Your Customer) details, reports, fee tracking and much more.
Numerous leading financial institutions and mobile operators, including Dutch Bangla-Bank, First Tennessee Bank and Telefónica, are providing their customers with live mobile commerce apps and services built on top of the Sybase 365 mobile commerce portfolio.
Mobilizing Across Industries
SAP is extending the value of key systems of record by mobilizing business processes across healthcare, insurance and retail industries:
- Retail shoppers and employees can benefit from the SAP In-Store Product Lookup mobile app, which creates a new experience for retail shoppers and employees by helping store managers and associates on the floor better assist customers. For example, store employees can locate the availability of an item with current stock information in real-time, eliminating the need for shoppers to wait at the checkout counter. The app also displays product details and stock levels both in-store and in nearby stores, as well as the ability to adjust inventory.
- Insurance companies can improve customer service with the SAP Policyholder Lookup mobile app, which allows insurance sales agents to access policy and claim details of policyholders anywhere and anytime. The app provides increased sales insight and service with up-to-date customer information, decreasing call volume for claim status and policy coverage.
SAP Store and Mobile App Ecosystem Growth
SAP offers a carefully curated mobile platform and enterprise application portfolio designed to expand and accelerate any business’ ability to run better with mobile. With the introduction of more than 70 apps from SAP and its partners, SAP continues to expand a network of industry-leading developers, with companies such as Advent Global and Principal Consulting making it possible for complex mobile solutions to become a simple reality.
Advent Global’s Go Sell mobile app is a comprehensive sales force automation app that enables sales professionals to be connected and sell on the go. With instant access to their handheld devices, sales professionals can log calls, respond to hot leads, and access vital information such as opportunities and dashboards across the complete order-to-cash process wherever they are. The app not only saves precious time, but also eliminates the process overhead of carrying physical reports/forms and dependency on sales office for real-time information. The app runs on Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices and utilizes data from the SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) component and SAP CRM application.
The Principal Consulting Group successfully runs an app called the Project Manager, which allows users to effectively manage their projects while out of the office. The app provides customers with a complete end-to-end project management functionality including: the ability to review and update projects, review work-breakdown-structures, coordinate team members and project assignments, capture time for project tasks to be completed and review dashboards and critical KPIs. The app saves time and cost, while providing all the information needed for a project manager to run the task on time and on budget. The app is available for all major mobile devices.
An HTML5 version of SAP Store for iPad and tablets is now available, delivering a dynamic user experience. New versions of SAP Store native mobile application for iOS (“SAP Mobile Apps” in iTunes) and Android (“SAP Store” in Google Play Store) platforms have also been made available for an end-to-end buying process for mobile solutions, including credit card enablement for payment.
Expanding SAP Mobile Apps Across Platforms
SAP is continuing to evolve and build the mobile app ecosystem with updated features and expanded platform availability to existing apps, including:
- SAP Customer Financial Fact Sheet mobile app, allowing sales representatives or account executives to check the system financial status of their customers anywhere and anytime, is now available on iPad and Android 2.2 or later.
- SAP Payment Approvals mobile app, helping ensure the liquidity of a company by approving payments anywhere and anytime, is now available on Android 2.2 or later.
- SAP Electronic Medical Record mobile app, putting critical patient information in the hands of doctors, providing them with instant access to the electronic medical records at a patient’s bedside, is now available on Android 3.2 and iPhone.
- SAP GRC Policy Survey mobile app, allowing employees to receive, complete and submit governance, risk and compliance (GRC) policy surveys, quizzes and acknowledgements, is now available on iPad.
For a closer look, see: “Screenshots: SAP Mobile Apps Connect Businesses and Consumers.” For announcements, blog posts, videos and other coverage during SAPPHIRE NOW, visit the Events Newsroom.
With SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP offers its customers, partners and prospects even more opportunities to engage in dialogue with peers, participants and thought leaders around the globe. Being held in Orlando, Florida, May 14-16, 2012, this enhanced, real-time event connects attendees on site with global participants through state-of-the-art broadcast studios and an online experience that incorporates the latest social media and community functionality. Whether on site or online, participants can gain insight as to how SAP is delivering on its product strategy and helping organizations around the world to run better. For more information, visit www.sapphirenow.com. Follow SAPPHIRE NOW on Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW and visit the Events Newsroom at www.events.news.sap.com.
Note to Editors:
Webcasts, announcements, media roundtables, keynote presentations and blog posts from SAPPHIRE NOW will be available in the Events Newsroom at: www.events.news.sap.com. To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high-resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
For more information, press only:
Amisha Gandhi, +1 (415) 341-7101, email@example.com, PDT
Scott Malinowski. +1 (978) 287-1793, firstname.lastname@example.org, EDT
SAP Press Office, +49 (6227) 7-46315, CET; +1 (610) 661-3200, EDT; email@example.com
During SAPPHIRE NOW (from May 14 to 16), to speak with press contacts on site, please dial the SAP press room: +1 (610) 661-0469.