NEWTOWN SQUARE — SAP America, Inc., a subsidiary of SAP, today announced it has been named to several “top workplace” lists and recognized by various organizations for its commitment as an employer of choice.
“SAP is committed to creating an environment that breeds success, not only for the growth of our company, but for the growth of our employees and their careers,” said Geraldine McBride, president, SAP North America. “In the end, being a top workplace is all about having fun, doing meaningful work and making our customers happy. This is why we’re an employer of choice for everyone from new college graduates to professionals from all industries.”
Last week, SAP was named one of Computerworld’s 2012 Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT). The honor is given to the top 100 organizations that challenge their IT staffs while providing excellent benefits and compensation. Additionally, SAP Labs in Palo Alto, California, has been named a “Bay Area Top Workplace” for 2012 (to learn more, see “SAP in Silicon Valley Earns Top Workplace Distinction”).
“We are honored to be recognized as one of the ‘Top Workplaces’ in the Bay Area,” said Barbara Holzapfel, senior vice president and managing director, SAP Labs North America. “This distinction is a reflection of our talented and dedicated workforce. We take great pride in this recognition, and we are committed more than ever to providing an outstanding workplace for our employees in Silicon Valley.”
In the first half of 2012, SAP has also been recognized as an employer of choice by the following:
- Top 100 IDEAL Employers: Thousands of college students from more than 400 academic institutions across the U.S. and Canada participated in the Universum surveys.
- National Top Workplaces: SAP has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the U.S. based on a May 2012 survey by WorkplaceDynamics, Inc. Feedback from more than 800 companies and half a million employees across the nation determined the winners.
- Innovative Workplace by YWCA Metro Vancouver: During YWCA Metro Vancouver’s 29th annual Women of Distinction Awards, SAP Canada was named an innovative workplace that “supports and responds to the diverse needs of its employees, encouraging them to balance the demands and rewards of career, family, community and personal growth.”
- Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval:SAP National Security Services™, an independent U.S. subsidiary of SAP, was awarded a 2012 “Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval” by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence (AWE), a nonprofit organization focused on companies in the Washington, DC region.
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work – Employees’ Choice Awards: SAP America ranked No. 22 in Glassdoor’s 2012 50 Best Places to Work, which is based solely on the feedback of current employees.
“At SAP, we built an environment that provides employees the flexibility they need to be successful in both their professional and personal lives,” said Brigette McInnis-Day, vice president, Human Resources, SAP America. “We value diversity, respect individuals and encourage personal career development. This creates a healthy workplace and draws top talent to our organization.”
SAP is committed to employee satisfaction through a number of core initiatives around career development, sustainability and diversity. The company offers a wide range of benefits and programs, including an employee stock program, free fitness facilities, daily lunch at its largest offices and family benefits such as adoption assistance, paternity leave and same-sex benefits.
For further information on the company’s track record as a top workplace around the world, see the Employer Awards page on sap.com for a list of awards recognizing SAP as an employer of choice. For more information on the SAP Labs locations worldwide and the SAP office in Silicon Valley, visit the SAP Labs page on sap.com.
Job seekers interested in working for SAP can visit www.careersatsap.com or follow on Twitter at @SAPCareers. For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom.
For more information, press only:
Atle Erlingsson, +1 (415) 858-8149, firstname.lastname@example.org, PDT
Lindsay Nyce, +1 (610) 661-2363, email@example.com, EDT
SAP Press Office, +49 (6227) 7-46315, CET; +1 (610) 661-3200, EDT; firstname.lastname@example.org