WALLDORF — SAP AG today highlighted how its unified cloud portfolio supports governments at every level. Recognizing that government agencies of all sizes with varying regulatory guidelines and security needs are looking for different ways to embrace cloud technology, SAP is working with government customers to offer the right mix of cloud, hosted and on-premise technology needed to improve efficiency and the quality of life for citizens they serve. Government agencies are using infrastructure and solutions from SAP and certified partners to extend their existing IT environments into the cloud, making the most of limited resources to deliver key services securely and with minimal disruption.
To help increase the efficiency and transparency of its procurement process and create opportunities for small and midsize enterprises, Australia’s Victorian state government is working with Ariba, an SAP company. The Victorian government has built an e-services register on the Ariba Network, the world’s largest and most global business-to-business (B2B) trading platform. The register benefits taxpayers by helping to improve the cost-effectiveness of government procurement. It also benefits citizens by ensuring that government purchasing power is as strong as possible, helping to supply the best tools to enable public service delivery.
In the U.S., SAP offers cloud services in the most secure environments in the public and private sectors through SAP National Security Services (SAP NS2), an independent, U.S.-based subsidiary of SAP.
“Innovations in public service delivery come when government, its employees and citizens are able to quickly tackle issues,” said Mark White, general manager, Global Public Services and Healthcare Industries, SAP. “With the SAP Cloud portfolio, agencies have the agility and confidence to deliver services in a way that suits their citizens’ needs, particularly in terms of security and reliability — whether completely in the cloud or in hybrid form. Cloud solutions are driving transformation across the private sector, and innovative government agencies that embrace them can fuel meaningful change in the way government business is done.”
SAP offers government agencies the flexibility to consume the cloud when and how they want through a comprehensive portfolio of public, private and managed cloud offerings. With more than 30 million users and more than 6,000 customers, the SAP Cloud portfolio includes:
- The industry’s largest base of cloud users: More business professionals use cloud solutions from SAP than from any other vendor on the planet
- Most comprehensive cloud portfolio: Covering all lines of business, from customer to supplier and everything in between
- The leading social business platform: More than 10 million users
- The world’s largest business network: More than one million connected companies transact more than US$465 billion in commerce on an annual basis
- The largest cloud implementations in the world: Some with more than 2 million users
- Market-leading public and private cloud options: The market’s leading public cloud application portfolio with public applications ranked No. 1 in human capital management, procurement, business networks and social collaboration
- Agility of an advanced cloud platform: Enables new business processes and levels of innovation faster than ever before
Leveraging more than 20 years’ experience in providing more than 10,000 public service organizations around the world with industry-specific capabilities, SAP is uniquely positioned to understand the challenges and opportunities that government organizations face in changing the way they deliver employee, partner and constituent solutions. The company also has deep experience with some of the world’s largest cloud implementations, some with more than 2 million users.
For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom.