Successful SAP implementations are the result of excellent planning, rapid and cost-effective execution, and adherence to SAP’s quality standards. In 2008, SAP began presenting its Quality Awards to customers who demonstrate outstanding achievements in implementing their SAP projects and programs and in complying with SAP’s ten quality principles.
Irini Kalamaris, Director of Quality at SAP Germany, is delighted with the results: “In the five years since we introduced the Quality Awards, we have seen a steady increase in the quality and professionalism of project management, and there is really not much to choose between this year’s Gold, Silver, and Bronze Award winners. One aspect that stands out particularly this year is that all the winners singled out collaborative partnership across corporate boundaries as a key success factor.”
SAP Quality Awards: going for gold in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
From the award nominations received for 2013, the panel of judges drew up an initial short-list and invited each short-listed customer to give a Web-based presentation about their project. The judges then selected the winners in three categories: large implementation, medium implementation, and small implementation.
This year’s winners of gold at the SAP Quality Awards are:
- Large implementation: MAQUET Holding GmbH & Co. KG
for the “MShape – MAQUET Standardization and Harmonization of Processes ” project (consulting partner: SAP Consulting)
- Medium implementation: Peiner Umformtechnik GmbH
for the implementation of SAP ERP with several components (itelligence AG)
- Small implementation: EnBW AG
for its “GaRD4All – Standardization of Market Data in SAP IS-U” project (consulting partner: EnBW Systeme Infrastruktur Support GmbH)
- Large implementation: Salzburger Aluminium AG (consulting partner: Schoderboeck management consulting)
- Medium implementation: Contec Steuerungstechnik und Automation GmbH (consulting partner: itelligence AG)
- Small implementation: Otto Bock Health Care Products GmbH (consulting partner: Sibylle Kneifel)
- Large implementation: Mondelez Europe for project management and governance at the highest level of professionalism in a large-scale, European-wide SAP project (including ERP, SRM, APO, CRM, Portal, and BW) (consulting partner: Deloitte)
- Medium implementation: Landert Motoren AG for its meticulously prepared and managed ERP implementation as part of a consistent best-practice project (consulting partner: Swisscom IT Services)
- In the “small implementation” category, the judging panel presented a “Best Small Implementation 2013” award to Migros subsidiary Delica AG for a lean, template-based CRM project (consulting partner: SAP Consulting)
Nominations for regional contests still possible in some markets
The Quality Award Program covers all the market units in the EMEA region and is designed to celebrate the achievements of customers who have achieved excellence in SAP implementations and projects. This year’s local Gold Award winners will be automatically entered in the regional contest, which begins in the first quarter of 2014. The nomination period is still open in a number of market units.