WALLDORF — SAP SE announced new updates to the SAP solutions for enterprise information management (EIM). Now available, the updates offer enhanced support for Big Data sources, integration with SAP Lumira software for data discovery, as well as data protection and masking capabilities for better information governance. Additionally, SAP announced that Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies is the recipient of the third annual Information Governance (IGgie) award, which recognizes customer achievement in information governance excellence. This announcement was made at the ASUG Data Governance Summit, taking place September 15–18 in Princeton, NJ.
To celebrate customer achievements in Information Governance project excellence, SAP unveiled the winner of the third annual IGgie award. Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies was named the winner for the overall comprehensiveness and mission-critical nature of its information governance program, use of Six Sigma techniques, a clear and well communicated business case as well as the ability to show continuous improvement via established KPIs and metrics. Baker Hughes and Rockwell Automation were finalists as well in recognition of its information governance excellence.
“Thank you so very much for honoring us with this award. We would like to congratulate all others who were recognized because information governance is an incredibly vast space with growing importance,” said Carl Caruso, senior director, Enterprise Master Data, Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies. “We have certainly improved our processes, data reliability and governance over the entire process which will enable us to streamline product introduction ultimately to the benefit of our customers.”
“Once people understand that data governance is all about making everybody’s job better, they’re immediately interested,” said Brenda Costner, director, Enterprise Data Governance, Baker Hughes. “The trick to getting sustained, strong support is in having the tools and the resources to demonstrate how you’re going to make that happen and then exceeding what was thought possible. It’s an incredibly rewarding experience to know that you’re positively impacting people all over the company, all over the world.”
SAP Data Services software and SAP Information Steward software versions 4.2 service pack (SP) 03 provide new capabilities focused on delivering results against top data management priorities including information governance, Big Data insights and simplified data integration.
- New data protection and data masking capabilities provides the ability to safeguard critical business assets and helps ensure organizations can protect sensitive data, implement privacy rules and be compliant with industry regulations.
- Enhanced support for Hadoop with HIVE table preview helps ETL developers to be more productive and enables users to load large volumes of spatial data using ESRI Shapefiles. This access helps organizations to gain valuable insights from all data, regardless of where it resides.
- Integration of SAP Information Steward with SAP Lumira offers a simplified user experience and provides users the ability to better understand and govern data during the discovery process.
- Integration between SAP Data Services and SAP Replication Server enables continuous capture of data changes from source systems coupled with powerful transformation capabilities to support real time analytics.
- Enhanced and faster troubleshooting for complex ETL jobs with the ability to isolate identified dataflow and workflow objects during data integration testing
- Geocoding expansion for Eastern Europe.
“Data can be like money in a bank vault — highly valuable, but useless if it cannot be accessed or utilized,” said Byron Banks, vice president, Products and Innovation Marketing, SAP. “SAP solutions for EIM help customers put data to work by making sure users have up-to-date and trustworthy information driving every business process and informing every decision.”