SAP ERP on the go, taming social media chaos, and education that’s fun: Our app trends in September.
1. mSFA: Mobile Sales Order Management
Access to SAP ERP at any time, from anywhere? This is now possible thanks to the new app mSFA from Arteria Technologies, SAP Pinnacle Award winner in the category “Application Development Partner of the Year.” Based on SAP Mobile Platform, the app is a sales tool for SAP ERP. Key features at a glance:
- Sales staff have a complete view of customer account information at all times, can respond more efficiently and effectively to customer queries and check, for example, if rebates are available to the customer.
- Orders are processed more quickly, inventory is replenished in real time
- Regular updates enable greater transparency with regard to sales activities
Designed for all Symbian S60 devices (Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, LG, Samsung, and so on) and smartphones from Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Available in the SAP Store.
2. Smart PR Approval: Manage Supply-Chain Processes Effortlessly
Smart PR Approval is an SAP-certified mobile purchase requisition app by Squeeze Mobility that enables users to approve purchase requisitions on a mobile device. The app runs on SAP NetWeaver Gateway and connects to the SAP Materials Management module. As a result, it cuts out unnecessary delays and inefficiency from the supply chain process. Key features at a glance:
- Intuitive, well-structured interface
- Realtime integration with standard SAP ECC purchase requisitions and the purchase order workflow
- Users can tap and swipe through different screens to view open purchase requisitions, items requisitioned, and transaction data.
Runs on iOS, Android, and Windows operating systems. Available in the SAP Store.
3. Cloze: Staying on Top of Your Social Media
Organize your social feeds and mail by who matters to you: Cloze brings together all of your relationships from social and e-mail into a people-centered view. It supports Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud, AOL, and many more social media channels. Users can switch comfortably between platforms and organize posts according to people who matter most to them. The new features of version 3.0.1:
- Timer function for posts
- Single view of news feeds
- Mute function for people you don’t want to hear from
The app requires iOS 5.0 or later and is available in the AppStore.
4. Circa News: Compact Headline News
News articles and small screens on smartphones just don’t play well together. But thanks to Circa News, this problem is now a thing of the past! The app provides factual and comprehensive but to-the-point news coverage (currently English-only) in a condensed version that is easy to read on a mobile device. The features of version 2.1.3:
- Follow function allows you to follow stories and receive updates
- Breaking news alert
- Share function allows you to shares stories and points via social media
5. TED: Education for In-Between
The official TED app presents talks from some of the world’s most fascinating people. The free app is designed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. More than 1,700 TEDTalk videos (with more added each week) share information and insight on a wide variety of topics in many different fields of knowledge. No matter whether education radicals, tech geniuses, business gurus, or music legends: TED has them all. The features of version 2.3.2:
- Access the entire TED library on your device at any time, even when you’re not online, via the video player or in your home entertainment system.
- Talks are now subtitled in over 90 languages.
- High-resolution playlist images, optimized for retina displays
Requires iOS 6.1 (or later), optimized for iPhone 5. Available in the App Store.
Top image: Shutterstock