SAP and Google Glass at Work are working together to help “Simplify Work,” “Improve Productivity” and “Extend Collaboration” among enterprise employees no matter where they choose to work.
Key areas of collaboration with Google are around enterprise mobility, business analytics and business applications.
Together in 2014, SAP and Google Glass at Work co-sponsored an SAP and Google Glass Enterprise Apps Challenge to promote innovation via the business ecosystem. The challenge kicked off at Cloud Expo West in Santa Clara in November 2014 followed by a series of orchestrated technical trainings for participants to build and develop their own enterprise wearable apps using SAP platforms and Google Glass. More than 1,200 employees from partner organizations engaged in the challenge and submitted over 70 apps.
In August 2015, the team of experts at SAP and Google Glass at Work selected the three winning apps:
These winners were selected for having the most innovative applications delivering high value to customers, showcasing the best use of SAP platforms and Google Glass.
Reply built a smart POS Category Management application using Glass, SAP HANA Cloud Platform, SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP CRM.
- In-store shelf survey works offline without need for Internet
- Product and customer data are stored in SAP Cloud for Customer, and then synchronized with Google Glass via web services before and after store visits
- Google Glass shows the sales representative the products in his/her direction of movement and the values recorded on his/her last visit
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration synchronizes data from SAP Cloud for Customer to the backend SAP system (SAP ERP or SAP Customer Relationship Management)
Sovanta developed a Counterfeit Detection application using Glass, SAP HANA Cloud Platform mobile services and SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM).
- Provides customs officials with product information from brand owners in real time to identify genuine products
- Report counterfeit products with photo and GPS information
- Allows inconspicuous and hands-free inspections
- Uses bar codes, matrix codes, RFID codes and human readable for track and trace
- Interactive guided authentication process
Ubimax ported xPick – a hands-free “Pick by Vision” solution for manual order picking, incoming/outgoing goods, sorting and inventory using Glass, SAP HANA Cloud Platform Java Tools and SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW).
- Fast and steady picking performance during an entire work shift
- Intuitive graphical instructions optimized for the individual skill set of the worker with high user acceptance due to the ergonomic system design
- Optional modules for voice confirmations, gestures, weight checks, code scans, localization, image recognition and further sensor integration
These partner solutions will be promoted on the SAP Store and the SAP HANA Apps Center.
Partners that want to build new and innovative applications can start by joining the SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development. Members of this fast-growing program can network and collaborate with a passionate and expanding community of developers, as well as market and sell their applications on SAP Store to more than 293,500 SAP customers.
To learn more and apply, visit Application Development Partner Center
Follow us on Twitter at @SAPPartnerBuild
Thorsten Leiduck is global vice president of ISV Ecosystem for SAP Global Partner Operations