ORLANDO — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the Spring 2016 edition of SAP HANA Cloud Platform, which includes a range of new capabilities and features enabling organizations to accelerate their digital transformation and better integrate and extend their SAP software environments.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform provides a fast, reliable and simple platform-as-a-service to build entirely new cloud applications, extend existing on-premise and cloud applications, and integrate cloud applications with SAP customers’ digital core. This announcement was made at the 28th annual SAPPHIRE NOW conference.
Innovations in the spring edition include an application programming interface (API) hub, prebuilt extensions for applications based on SAP S/4HANA, enhancements to the extension package for SAP SuccessFactors solutions in SAP HANA Cloud Platform, new lines of business and mobile apps from partners, and added services for SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Updates to the SAP HANA App Center include improved navigation and sorting capabilities and a self-publishing app capability for partners. Additionally, visitors can get started with user-based packages for SAP HANA Cloud Platform with a simple digital purchase on the SAP Store.
“It’s crucial for our broad ecosystem of customers and partners to drive transformation and innovation in the cloud,” said Björn Goerke, executive vice president and corporate officer, SAP. “The latest updates to SAP HANA Cloud Platform give companies the flexibility, choice and efficiencies needed to innovate and drive growth across their entire business.”
Additional Capabilities to Further Extend SAP Solutions
Extensions to SAP HANA Cloud Platform enable customers to easily add functionality to cloud solutions from SAP, as well as integrate these with SAP on-premise solutions. Included in the extensions are built-in capabilities for user single sign-on and access governance, a common user experience, and automatic provisioning of services for SAP HANA Cloud Platform into cloud solutions from SAP. New extensions include:
- Extensions for SAP S/4HANA: Building on the digital core provided by SAP S/4HANA, these extensions empower customers to use SAP HANA Cloud Platform to quickly and easily customize, personalize and extend SAP S/4HANA with new capabilities and new delivery methods to tablets and smartphones.
- Extensions for SAP SuccessFactors solutions: The extension package for SAP SuccessFactors solutions in SAP HANA Cloud Platform makes it quicker and easier for companies to extend human resources (HR) capabilities, as well as integrate with existing business processes. The extension package includes administration of SAP HANA Cloud Platform in the extension center for SAP SuccessFactors solutions and the ability for apps built with SAP HANA Cloud Platform to consume SAP SuccessFactors intelligent services, as well as workflow integration between SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP SuccessFactors solutions.
Extended Partnerships Around SAP HANA Cloud Platform
SAP has established an extensive ecosystem of over 400 partners building apps for SAP HANA Cloud Platform and features close to 1,000 ready-to-deploy apps available on the SAP HANA App Center. Examples of new partner apps include:
- IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps, which combine enterprise data, security and analytics with an elegant user experience created in IBM digital “garages,” and can integrate with SAP software systems using SAP HANA Cloud Platform. These include:
- Claims Adjust, providing insurance adjusters the ability to prioritize, document and close claims from the field with an intuitive user experience from their mobile device
- Fast Fix, providing field service professionals with guided diagnostics to fix consumer products and other field service issues quickly and efficiently while improving customer satisfaction
- Parts Expert, providing real-time visibility into available equipment parts, allowing field technicians to diagnose problems faster and locate the right parts required to get customers’ equipment up and running quicker
“We’re building on our long-standing partnership with SAP, extending our mobile platform and made-for-business apps to integrate with SAP applications via SAP HANA Cloud Platform,” said Nancy Thomas, managing partner, Global Enterprise Applications, IBM Global Business Services. “IBM can integrate all of the more than 100 IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps through SAP HANA Cloud Platform on behalf of our clients, providing more professionals a consumer-grade experience that transforms the nature of work.”
- MacroMicro OrgInsight provides a new way for senior executives and HR professionals to analyze, understand and optimize their workforce. OrgInsight is an innovative application extension to SAP SuccessFactors solutions built on SAP HANA Cloud Platform that uses native analytics capabilities in SAP HANA.
“Managers require a holistic understanding of the organizational composition to effectively manage their workforce,” said Brad Peterson, CEO of MacroMicro. “To address this need, we built a visually attractive and innovative application powered by SAP HANA Cloud Platform, which revolutionizes the way in which business leaders and data analysts are deriving insight from their entire organizations.”
Additional Services Added to SAP HANA Cloud Platform
New services highlight SAP support of open source software, expedite integration of SAP apps, enable innovation of new Internet of Things (IoT) apps, power predictive apps and accelerate deployment of apps to any device with modern, role-based user interfaces. Highlights of the new services are:
- SAP API Business Hub: The new beta version of SAP API Business Hub plans to provide easy access to different sandbox APIs of SAP HANA Cloud Platform and other business applications from SAP. Customers, partners and developers will be able to search the hub for available business services, publish new business services to the hub and collaborate with others to develop and exchange innovative business services.
- Cloud Foundry beta services: In support of open systems and open source software in the cloud, SAP delivered the beta edition of SAP HANA Cloud Platform, starter edition for Cloud Foundry services. This beta edition supports various Cloud Foundry buildpacks and services including Java, Node.js, HTML5, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ. These services, becoming available through the SAP HANA Cloud Platform cockpit, are planned to enable developers to create new and innovative Cloud Foundry-based applications that run on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
- SAP Fiori, cloud edition: SAP has also expanded its cloud-based user experience (UX) services with the availability of SAP Fiori, cloud edition, including the SAP Fiori mobile service and third-party integrations. These powerful cloud services help simplify, streamline and mobilize the user experience of SAP Business Suite applications. With SAP Fiori, cloud edition, users have a full demo-to-production cloud environment to experience, extend and run SAP Fiori apps and SAP Fiori launchpad — while consuming business data securely from on-premise SAP apps.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform software development kit (SDK) exclusively for iOS: SAP and Apple recently announced plans to deliver a new SAP HANA Cloud Platform SDK exclusively for iOS that will provide businesses, designers and developers the tools to quickly and efficiently build their own iOS apps for iPhone and iPad, based on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
Business Applications on SAP HANA Cloud Platform
With 24 applications available, SAP has expanded its leadership in the cloud with business applications and business-to-business (B2B) networks running on SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Business applications and B2B networks running on SAP HANA Cloud Platform include SAP Foundation for Health and the SAP Vehicles Network solution.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform and Partner Promotion
A new program available through June 2016 can enable customers to utilize SAP HANA Cloud Platform and participating partner extension apps for SAP HANA Cloud Platform for a significantly reduced price for 12 months.
SAPPHIRE NOW, May 17-19, 2016, Orlando, Florida, USA
The 28th annual SAPPHIRE NOW conference will bring more than 20,000 in-person and over 150,000 online participants together to engage in dialogue with peers and thought leaders around the globe. With nearly 1,000 C-level executives and 260 exhibitors, this real-time event connects attendees on a range of topics: future of work, digital core, digital supply networks, digital customer experiences, the Internet of Things. Whether on site or online, participants can gain insight into how SAP delivers on its strategy and helps organizations around the world Run Simple. Follow the event on Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable approximately 310,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Susan Miller, SAP, +1 (610) 570-6845, firstname.lastname@example.org, ET
Julia Fargel, SAP +1 (650) 276-8964, email@example.com, PT
Hilmar Schepp, SAP, +49 6227 746799, firstname.lastname@example.org, CET
SAP News Center press room; email@example.com
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2016 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
Top image via Shutterstock