SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that Microsoft has chosen the full SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite, including SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, for its 114,000 full-time employees.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Adoption Grows to More Than 1,350 Companies Leading HR Transformation in the Cloud
Microsoft selected the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite for its global capabilities, flexibility and extensibility, and open platform strategy. Microsoft expects not only to reduce costs and drive greater operational efficiency but also to deliver an enhanced employee experience consistent with its mobile-first, cloud-first philosophy that attracts and retains talent, fosters employee engagement and drives improved business outcomes.
Microsoft is the latest addition to a group of global organizations that have selected SAP SuccessFactors human capital management (HCM) solutions to run human resources (HR) in the cloud. As more companies are transforming HR to meet the demands of the digital economy, they are embracing market-leading SAP SuccessFactors solutions to help standardize, simplify and optimize HR processes, and to help increase employee engagement and accelerate innovation through cloud-based HCM.
More than 1,350 leading companies, including Microsoft and Ernst & Young, have selected SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, an innovative core HR system that goes beyond automation to help businesses manage global workforces more efficiently in the cloud.
“HR today has become overly complex, especially for large global enterprises contending with hundreds of legal and regulatory jurisdictions,” said Mike Ettling, president of SAP SuccessFactors. “Microsoft recognizes that transformation requires simplifying that environment, but just as importantly, as a global technology innovator, it also realizes the importance of providing its people with cloud-based solutions that are cool and easy to use. We’re proud to partner in supporting Microsoft’s continuing journey.”
Market-leading, cloud-based SAP SuccessFactors solutions provide a consumer-oriented user experience including modern user interface design and embedded collaboration capabilities, delivered with device of choice – all which will enable Microsoft to drive user adoption, engagement and employee collaboration. With the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite, Microsoft will be equipped to improve employee engagement and realize the business benefits and ROI of its HR technology investment.
This announcement is a continuation of a longstanding partnership between SAP and Microsoft, including the recent news that SAP has selected Microsoft Azure as a preferred public cloud service for SAP SuccessFactors solutions.
“As we accelerate digital transformation at Microsoft and define the future of the industry, it is important that we have world-class platforms to develop our talent, enable them to build meaningful careers and drive employee productivity,” said Jacky Wright, vice president of IT at Microsoft. “Our people are the key to our continued success and SAP shares our commitment to simplifying our global processes and building modern, integrated employee experiences. As an industry leader, SAP has the human capital management expertise to help us further our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, including our employees.”
In addition to Microsoft, the following organizations also chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions during the third quarter of 2016, when SAP recorded strong double-digit cloud growth. SAP now has more than 4,100 customers that have chosen SAP S/4HANA globally and thousands of customers across North America that have selected SAP solutions to enable their digital transformation journeys.
- Ernst & Young (EY), a globally integrated professional services organization headquartered in the U.K., has selected the full SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite to support its business of 212,000 employees across 150 countries. As the firm expands its global presence, it is putting its people first, embracing diversity and employing professionals who can work across cultural and generational divides. EY has chosen to invest in SAP SuccessFactors solutions to help improve automation and self-service, enable regional HR teams to focus on strategic talent needs and standardize global processes.
- Cintas Corporation, based in the United States, is a trusted leader that keeps companies at their best with products and services ranging from uniforms, floor care, restroom supplies and first aid and safety products to fire extinguishers, inspection and safety and compliance training. More than 900,000 businesses of all types and sizes get “Ready for the Workday” with Cintas. The company selected the full SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite to help transform the way it provides HR services. With the SAP SuccessFactors solutions, Cintas expects a much higher level of employee self-service to help drive costs down, as well as an integrated solution that enables strategic decision making in the moment to give the company a “Live Business” advantage.
- SIX Group, which operates Switzerland’s financial market infrastructure, selected SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central and SAP HANA Cloud Platform, integration service to help gain visibility into the workforce and improve transparency. By choosing SAP SuccessFactors HCM solutions, SIX expects to increase operational efficiency while driving HR transformation forward through a more agile HR organization.
- JTI, a leading international tobacco manufacturer based in Switzerland, marketing brands such as Winston, Camel, Mevius and LD, with operations in more than 120 countries and employing around 26,000 people worldwide, has chosen the SAP SuccessFactors Talent Management Suite. With the SAP SuccessFactors solutions, JTI expects to further modernize its HR processes where attracting, developing and retaining talent is a key focus area.
- CPFL Energia is the largest non-state-owned group of electric energy generation and distribution companies in Brazil and the third-largest Brazilian electric utility company. In a win against Oracle, Salesforce.com and IBM, and to replace Oracle Database, CPFL selected SAP S/4HANA and SAP HANA Cloud Platform. The company also chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions, SAP Ariba solutions, SAP Fieldglass solutions, SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales and many more. The SAP solutions will support the company’s digital transformation of business models and processes to help achieve greater efficiency and innovation and lower TCO.
- Seven Brand（柒牌男装), a design and clothing manufacturer based in China, chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions, including SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, to help improve its global management governance capability by providing real-time HR analysis data to support its core business transformation. With the SAP SuccessFactors solutions, Seven Brand expects to eliminate time spent on daily HR paperwork and build a world-class talent management system to help retain its high-performing employees.
- Zhong Ou Asset Management Co., Ltd. (Zhong Ou) is an industry leader in corporate governance and incentive mechanisms in China. Zhong Ou chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions to help improve HR management through automation, deploy employee goal setting and KPI management, align people and organizational strategy with the company’s business objectives, and support strategic human capital needs.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 335,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high-resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via e-mail links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Geraldine Lim, SAP, +1 (415) 418-0945, email@example.com, PT
SAP News Center press room; firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Novak, PAN Communications, +1 (617) 502-4300, email@example.com, ET
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2016 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.