Learning Journey documents now include more than 100 SAP Learning Rooms and the SAP Live Access environment with 400 live training systems
SAP Learning Hub provides tangible business value, equipping individuals and organizations with SAP software skills
With more than 5 million learning assignments accessed by the end of the first quarter of 2017, SAP Learning Hub is a comprehensive enablement program that offers a wide range of collaborative tools and educational content designed to provide SAP software users with the tools for success. Launched as a full-scale cloud-based offering, SAP Learning Hub is the largest learning platform used worldwide to learn about SAP software.
The platform provides learners with opportunities for peer-to-peer interaction, discussion forums and collaboration and direct access to experts. These features are available in every SAP Learning Room, in which Learning Journey documents can also be accessed. Over 100 Learning Journey documents are included in SAP Learning Hub.
Each “stop” on the way to mastery in a Learning Journey can take one of a variety of customizable formats, based on learning goals. Learners have the opportunity to participate through:
- SAP Learning Rooms are interactive, virtual spaces that give members access to expert-led events, collaborative community video features and gamified concepts. Included is the reputation program, which allows learners to collect points, win badges and complete missions and challenges. Seventy four percent of the participants of SAP Learning Hub use SAP Learning Rooms once a week, with 70 percent saying they found them easy to use.
- Diverse learning formats include e-learning courses, course e-books and the latest delta training with content that is always up-to-date. In addition, newly implemented stand-alone assessments provide learners with feedback that alerts them to where their knowledge gaps are and how to close them.
- Enterprise MOOCs are massive open online courses provided through the openSAP platform included in SAP Learning Hub. MOOCs allow users to learn at their own pace based on tried and trusted classroom concepts.
- The SAP Live Access environment is a live, fully supported private SAP software environment with over 400 training systems that simulate hands-on experience with SAP software. The environment includes access to real, but anonymized customer data.
SAP Learning Hub has helped corporate adopters such as IBM, Mercedes-Benz and Zurich Insurance Group meet their corporate learning initiatives. Accomplishments include:
- IBM Global Business Services achieved a 93 percent lower average cost per employee training session as compared to the previous year. It earned the 2016 Brandon Hall Learning and Development Bronze award for “Best Learning Program Supporting a Change Transformation Business Strategy.”
- Mercedes-Benz Türk A.Ş. reduced its overall required number of training days by 95 percent by streamlining content delivery.
- Zurich Insurance Group increased its customer satisfaction by 65 percent by improving employee competencies.
“The implementation of SAP Learning Hub, which provides access for all IBM practitioners, has allowed us to grow our capacity and skills while driving business value,” said Shelia Carter, global learning executive, IBM. “This ensures that through SAP Learning Hub, IBM can accelerate and deliver innovative solutions to the market better using the latest SAP technologies and solutions.”
Bernd Welz, executive vice president and chief knowledge officer, Products and Innovation, SAP, said: “SAP Learning Hub is SAP’s response to a new wave of continuous corporate learner shifts happening in the business and technology world. Through future innovation of SAP Learning Hub, we will continue our commitment to ensuring our customers and their employees have the skills they need to be successful in the digital age.”
SAP will continue to make enhancements to SAP Learning Hub in 2017, delivering the most up-to-date, flexible and advanced social learning experience possible for users, professionals and students.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 350,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2017 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.