WALLDORF — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that it has been named a market share leader by Gartner in the combined market categories supporting enterprise information management — data integration, data quality, and master data management (MDM) — worldwide based on revenue for 2016.*
SAP believes the achievement demonstrates its success in helping global businesses understand, integrate, cleanse, manage, associate and archive data to optimize business processes and analytical insights.
In addition, SAP is growing faster than the top three vendors and above market rate for the combined database, data integration, data quality and MDM markets.
“To recognize true digital transformation, companies must incorporate complete, trusted and relevant data,” said Greg McStravick, president, Database and Data Management, SAP. “We deliver data solutions that customers can depend on. We feel our growth and market leadership in this space is a testament to our effort in this area, and we will continue developing innovative solutions in information management to help our customers run successful digital businesses.”
SAP offers one of the most comprehensive data management portfolios compared to other vendors in the market, with solutions spanning:
- Data platform: Cloud and data platforms from SAP enable organizations to run, extend and build applications to support their digital business and innovation needs.
- Database: SAP equips customers with solutions to efficiently store and manage data at the digital core all the way out to Internet of Things edge devices.
- Data warehouse: SAP helps customers model, organize, store and access data to better drive analytical performance.
- Enterprise information management: SAP provides a variety of capabilities to understand, integrate, cleanse, manage, associate and archive data to optimize business processes and analytical insights.
- Big Data: SAP helps companies utilize technologies such as in-memory processing, Hadoop and machine learning to turn oceans of data into valuable insights that drive better business outcomes.
Media Contact: Julia Fargel, SAP, 1 (650) 276-8964, firstname.lastname@example.org, PT
*Source: Gartner, “Market Share: All Software Markets, Worldwide, 2016,” April 14, 2017
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2017 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.