FRANKFURT — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the launch of three new SAP Leonardo Innovation Services to help businesses connect new technologies to use case scenarios with the goal of shortening time to value.
Provide customers with tools, technology and expertise they need to succeed in today’s digital world
Offer services that allow customers to find a path to innovation that best meets their business needs
Technologies covered include the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, analytics, Big Data, design thinking, blockchain and data intelligence. SAP Leonardo Innovation Services connect seamlessly with the recently announced SAP Leonardo system to help customers manage their digital transformation.
Each of the new services allows customers to explore innovative technologies, business models and processes on their path toward digitalization before deciding on an SAP solution that best fits their needs. They can combine tools, technology and the expertise of business and IT professionals from SAP to kick-start an innovation journey customized to their needs. Customers have access to key experts, including designers, business transformation specialists, industry experts and technology consultants. An innovation coach serves as a guide and resource for using the tools.
“With the world becoming increasingly digital, businesses are at a crossroads,” said Michael Kleinemeier, member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, SAP Digital Business Services, SAP. “SAP Leonardo Innovation Services provide customers with a safe way to experiment with new technologies and find the best fit for their business before making an investment in new technology.”
Customers can select editions based on their specific needs, for example:
- SAP Leonardo Innovation Services, express edition, provides a fast implementation of predefined business industry and line-of-business IoT accelerators, such as live asset tracking in consumer products or on-demand 3D printing of spare parts in manufacturing. With the express edition the customer can implement the solution and customize it to specific company needs in less than eight weeks, reducing the time to value.
- SAP Leonardo Innovation Services, open innovation edition, helps customers create a new solution for their specific business challenges, from concept to a clickable prototype, within nine weeks. The open innovation edition includes access to SAP Cloud Platform for innovation. It supports close collaboration through the Digital Design Zone site, an agile design process that ensures the customer is at the center of every stage of innovation.
- SAP Leonardo Innovation Services, enterprise edition, extends the scope of the open innovation edition to help customers create multiple solutions unique to their specific business in parallel. In addition to SAP Cloud Platform and Digital Design Zone, the enterprise edition provides empowerment sessions and access to the SAP Leonardo Innovation Services showroom.
The enterprise edition comprises all components designed to facilitate digital transformation:
- Showroom: Lets customers explore innovation use cases, technology modules and integrated business scenarios
- Digital Design Zone: Provides customers with expert guidance at any point in the innovation cycle
- Empowerment sessions: facilitates agile readiness so customers can build under their own power
- Innovation platform – increases the speed of innovation
The enterprise edition is exclusively available to customers of the premium engagement portfolio from SAP, which includes the SAP MaxAttention offering, SAP ActiveEmbedded services and SAP Value Assurance service packages.
Underpinning all editions of SAP Leonardo Innovation Services is SAP Cloud Platform, the enterprise platform as a service with its comprehensive application development services and features. SAP Cloud Platform intelligently connects standard SAP business solutions with people and devices, helping customers achieve business agility. Users can create a truly integrated, optimized enterprise and accelerate digital transformation across the business – without having to maintain or invest in an on-premise infrastructure.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 350,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2017 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.