Digital transformation is at the forefront of organizations’ blueprint for their respective growth and survival in the near future. Organizations worldwide are aware of the need to focus on this aspect.
There is no dearth of technology solutions on the market to facilitate your organization’s digital transformation journey. In a market full of supposedly similar choices, how do you pick the best of the best? Here, we guide you with the necessary resources to help in making the right decision for your entire organization — from sales to finance to supply chain to human resources, just to name a few of the core processes.
“By the end of 2019,digital transformation (dx) spending is expected to reach $1.7 trillion worldwide, a 42% increase from 2017.”
– IDC Futurescape: Worldwide Digital Transformation (DX) 2018
The impact of digital transformation has been so wide and vivid that it has led to re-imagining of business models and processes across organizations.
To strip away the barriers between lines of business (LOB), to remove organizational silos, and to share information and resources seamlessly across enterprise processes, customers, employees, and suppliers — SAP provides a next-generation solution portfolio: SAP S/4HANA, cloud and LoB solutions that can be integrated with SAP S/4HANA, and SAP Leonardo for digital transformation initiatives.
To help you understand the impact of these solutions across various LOBs, we have published whitepapers that highlight the value SAP can bring to your organization. Linked to below, there are eight whitepapers across different lines of business that:
- Provide information on the value in moving from ERP on a traditional database to SAP S/4HANA, cloud and LOB applications, and SAP Leonardo.
- Provide a deep dive on process specific pain points, how to overcome these with the SAP solution portfolio, and the potential business benefits that can be achieved.
- Explain how organizations can substantially improve, simplify, and digitize end-to-end business scenarios for different LOBs.
- Provide information on key digital priorities that help companies to capture the opportunities and remain competitive, along with how SAP can be a significant partner on this digital transformation journey.
- Cite detailed customer stories that highlight the realized benefits achieved by customers in different business processes using SAP solutions.
Here is a glimpse of the content in each whitepaper:
- Finance: Explore how finance solutions from SAP can help CFOs become strategic business partners and re-imagine core end-to-end business processes like record to report, order to cash, and procure to pay.
- Sales: Explore capabilities and value proposition of sales solutions from SAP. Understand how Pregis Corporation, an innovative packaging solution provider, completed deployment of SAP S/4HANA and SAP Hybris Sales for Cloud in 16 weeks to gain a 360-degree view of each customer account and achieve 15 to 20 percent expansion of the sales pipeline.
- Procurement: Explore how SAP solutions can help procurement lead the organization’s evolution and enable its digital transformation by becoming a true strategic business advisor. See how Microsoft could gain complete visibility into its supply chain through direct procurement solutions from SAP.
- HR: Learn how SAP can help you find the right talent, develop future leaders, and engage all employees with automated, transparent processes, provide a digital HR experience, and drive digital transformation for the organization.
- Supply Chain: Explore how supply chain solutions from SAP help organizations with a more connected, intelligent, responsive, and predictive supply chain. Hear directly from Microsoft how it is using integrated business planning solutions from SAP to realize its innovation supply chain.
- Research & Development: Explore how companies are bringing connected, smart, and personalized products faster to market within target costs. This has enabled companies step up their game from being an innovative products company to being a valued partner in solving customer problems.
- Manufacturing: Explore how manufacturers are delivering personalized products on demand, with similar lead time and costs as mass production. Understand how Landis+Gyr , a Swiss producer of energy management solutions, leveraged SAP Connected Manufacturing software to achieve more than 15 percent improvement in product throughput and a two percent improvement in first-pass yield.
- Asset Management: Explore capabilities and value proposition of asset management solutions from SAP. Hear from Kaeser Kompressoren on how it’s using the SAP Leonardo Internet of Things system for predictive maintenance and for creating a digital twin of the compressed air unit installed at their customer’s location.
Want to know more? Read the white papers in full for more details and references. The current white papers are based on the latest shipment of SAP solutions. The papers will be updated with the next release of digital solutions from SAP to help you race ahead in the digital transformation journey.
Neelam Bhatia is senior value advisor for the Digital Transformation Office at SAP.