Ok, show of hands: Who’s excited to see Jon Bon Jovi, Charlize Theron and Justin Timberlake at this year’s SAPPHIRE NOW?
Totally get it. You should be. They are inspirational artists and thought leaders, which makes them the perfect fit for world’s most innovative cloud and business technology conference.
There’s no doubt the aforementioned celebs might get you thinking differently about your business, work/life balance or purpose, so why not apply this same line of thinking to other industries and lines of business at SAPPHIRE NOW you can draw inspiration from?
The depth and breadth of content at SAPPHIRE NOW has always been its greatest strength and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of crown jewels just waiting to be discovered.
Mill and mining is a prime example. Here’s why it deserves your attention:
- Thought-leading mill and mining customers like ArcelorMittal, Newmont Mining, Glatfelter, Steelcase, Corning, Cemex, Johns Manville, and Southwire are speaking on subjects you want to hear about.
- Innovation as key enabler as these customers reveal how they are using cloud, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Getting closer to customers is the name of the game as mill and mining industries figure out how to use technology to understand customers and deliver what they want.
- Purpose will also be top of mind with great examples of how companies are using SAP solutions to help support their purpose and their customers’ purpose.
Agenda highlights to consider that feature incredibly knowledgeable customers include:
Gain the Top 10 Lessons on SAP S/4HANA from 500 Mill and Mining Companies | IN59284
More than 500 mill products and mining companies have moved to SAP S/4HANA. Interact with paper company Glatfelter’s CIO and SAP experts about recent implementation successes, how to justify SAP S/4HANA, biggest improvement areas, deployment options, solution differentiators, risks to consider, and other topics to help you take the next steps.
- Speaker: Glatfelter, SAP
- Date: Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
- Location: Industries IN130
Meet Future Demand Profitably with Integrated Business Planning | IN59285
Build a supply chain that can understand and fulfill customers’ changing requests while remaining profitable when demand fluctuates. Discuss with ArcelorMittal and SAP experts how mill products companies are improving their sales and operations, making decisions based on profitability, increasing sales forecast accuracy, reducing inventory, and achieving fast user adoption.
- Speaker: ArcelorMittal, SAP
- Date: Wednesday, 12:30 p.m. – 1:10 p.m.
- Location: Industries IN102
Effective Planning and Scheduling Using SAP Multiresource Scheduling 9.0 at Newmont Mining | ASUG11417
Newmont Mining deployed the 9.0 version of the SAP Multiresource Scheduling application for better planning and scheduling of maintenance work orders. This session covers the software’s demand view features, including leveling the work center capacities of contractors and employees, dynamically scheduling work orders, grouping work orders, checking material availability, using resource view features such as assigning tools, and more.
- Speaker: Newmont Mining
- Date: Thursday, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Location: S322 (South Concourse, third floor)
Also be sure to visit the experts from the IBU Mill and Mining at their Demo Station and Discussion Table:
Mill Products and Mining | IN124
Discuss how primary and fabricated metals, mining, paper, packaging, building materials and products, textiles, furniture, and plastic products firms are embracing digital proliferation to survive and thrive. See how business models are transforming, boundaries are blurring, and technologies like artificial intelligence are offering opportunities.
- Date: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Location: Show Floor, Energy and Natural Resources Area
- Plan and Execute Mining Operations with Analytics and Digital Processes
- Real-time Analytics and Scenario Planning for your end-to-end Supply Chain with Integrated Business Planning
- Using Digital and Sensors to Deliver the Perfect Order
- Listen to your Customer and Differentiate on Customer Experience
Follow @SAPMillMining to stay up to date on the latest SAPPHIRE NOW developments, industry trends and much more.