ORLANDO, Fla. — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced new products and partnerships to enable enterprises to become more intelligent, with expanded capabilities from advanced technologies such as conversational artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain and analytics. SAP also announced that SAP Cloud Platform is now available on all major cloud infrastructure providers, living up to its promise to be the agnostic cloud platform to better serve customers.
- Since launching a year ago, SAP Leonardo technical capabilities have helped hundreds of customers innovate. With SAP Leonardo, customers have embedded cutting-edge technologies into their processes to improve workflows and make enterprises more efficient.
- SAP Conversational AI enables companies to develop intelligent chatbots. The service includes a powerful end-to-end toolkit for training, building and monitoring chatbots. These chatbots can be integrated with SAP and non-SAP systems and are available as preconfigured industry-specific bots. So far, users have built 60,000 SAP Conversational AI chatbots. France’s railway company SNCF and telecommunications provider SFR already are using SAP Conversational AI to improve customer service and target younger audiences.
- SAP Leonardo Machine Learning capabilities are now embedded in applications across the SAP portfolio, including SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP C/4HANA and SAP Ariba solutions.
- SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation, which allows customers to develop individual applications, has five new services, including object detection, text recognition in images and text classification, which analyzes and automatically categorizes text documents. It now supports the software library scikit-learn, in addition to TensorFlow.
- SAP Cloud Platform Blockchain is a new blockchain as a service enabling enterprises to easily build and extend business solutions with blockchain technologies, such as Hyperledger Fabric and MultiChain. About 65 companies participate in the SAP blockchain co-innovation initiative to help customers use manufacturing and supply-chain products augmented by blockchain to enhance transparency, safety and collaboration in industries such as transportation, food, and pharmaceuticals. To ensure quality, U.S. sausage maker Johnsonville LLC is evaluating using blockchain to trace the origin of products across the supply chain.
To expand and accelerate global adoption and best practices of blockchain in the transportation industry, SAP has started a global blockchain consortium with seven founding members, including Intel Corp., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. (HPE) and A3 by Airbus SE.
To help customers easily embed advanced technologies into their solutions, SAP released SAP Leonardo-based innovation kits for specific industries, including retail, life sciences, manufacturing and automotive. SAP also launched the SAP Leonardo Partner Medallion Initiative, an SAP partner service that has more than doubled the number of SAP Leonardo embedded industry solutions.
SAP Cloud Platform Takes Multicloud to New Dimensions
SAP continues to expand and enhance its multicloud strategy with the general availability of SAP Cloud Platform on Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure. With these additions, along with Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAP Cloud Platform is now available on all major hyperscale cloud infrastructure providers. Only SAP delivers this single enterprise platform as a service (PaaS) with such flexibility, openness and choice.
SAP also intends to release SAP Cloud Platform, private edition, on IBM Cloud as a private cloud deployment. The joint solution will allow clients in regulated industries such as banking, healthcare and transportation, as well as those managing sensitive data, to have the flexibility, speed and agility to innovate without jeopardizing security and control.
Delivering on its promise to offer customers choice in mobile app deployments, SAP is also releasing the SAP Cloud Platform software development kit (SDK) for Android. It allows customers to access sophisticated workflows through any Android or Chrome OS device, bringing a familiar, easy-to-use mobile experience across iOS and Android apps.
SAP Analytics Cloud Innovations Enable the Intelligent Enterprise
The expanded capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud are now directly embedded within SAP S/4HANA Cloud to ensure organizations can plan, execute and analyze in one system, breaking free from spreadsheet proliferation or stand-alone tools. Customers include leading recycled paper and packing company Pratt Industries, aerospace and defense company L3 Technologies and Daimler AG. Additionally, SAP Analytics Cloud now delivers contextual news feeds.
SAP Analytics Cloud extends access to over 150 cloud data sources, so customers can easily access, blend and gain insight from their data, no matter where it resides. The combination of machine learning and natural language query (NLQ) technology augments human intelligence, leading to faster, more accurate results and greater business agility. The new feature “search to insight” uses conversational AI to quickly provide insights into data by answering ad hoc questions in natural language on any device.
Other enhancements to SAP Analytics Cloud include prebuilt content and business logic for more than 20 SAP products, including SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Ariba and SAP Hybris solutions and SAP S/4HANA, to embed analytics where users work. These capabilities in SAP Analytics Cloud can be embedded into SAP line-of-business applications to power the intelligent enterprise.
- SAP Leonardo: A Closer Look at a Year of Innovation, by Mala Anand, president, SAP Leonardo and Analytics
- A Bright Future for the Intelligent Enterprise Through Chatbots, by Omer Biran, head of Conversational AI, SAP, and Justine Baron, marketing and communications manager, Conversational AI, SAP
- A Bold Step for Enterprise Machine Learning: These are SAP’s New Machine Learning Offerings, by Markus Noga, senior vice president, Machine Learning, SAP, and Katrin Schneider, communications lead, Machine Learning, SAP
- From Digital Platform to Industry-Specific Applications: SAP Is Making Blockchain Actionable Across the Intelligent Enterprise, by Torsten Zube, head of Blockchain, SAP, and Gil Perez, head of Digital Customer Initiatives, SAP
- Deutsche Telekom, Camelot ITLab and SAP Use Blockchain to Fight Smartphone Theft, by Jeanette Rohr, brand journalist, SAP
- SAP Introduces New Industry Innovation Kits for SAP Leonardo, by Jayne Landry, global vice president, Solution Management, SAP Leonardo
- What’s New in SAP Cloud Platform, by Björn Goerke, president, SAP Cloud Platform, and chief technology officer, SAP
- How SAP Cloud Platform Powers the Intelligent Enterprise, by Matthias Steiner, SAP Cloud Platform evangelist
- SAP Customers Champion the Intelligent Enterprise with SAP Analytics Innovations, by Mike Flannagan, senior vice president, SAP Analytics and SAP Leonardo
For additional information on cloud, on-premise and hybrid business analytics solutions from SAP, visit the business analytics area of SAP.com. Additional information is also available on the SAP Cloud Platform website.
About SAPPHIRE NOW, June 5–7, 2018, Orlando, Florida, USA
SAPPHIRE NOW offers customers, partners and prospects even more opportunities to engage with peers, participants and thought leaders around the globe. The event connects attendees on-site with global off-site participants through state-of-the-art broadcast studios and online with the latest social media and community functionality. Whether on-site or online, attendees can gain insight into how SAP delivers on its strategy and helps organizations around the world Run Simple. Follow the event on Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 388,000 business and public-sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Rajiv Sekhri, head of Global Media Relations, +49 6227 7-74871, firstname.lastname@example.org, CET
Jim Dever, SAP Leonardo, +1 (610) 661-2161, email@example.com, ET
Benjamin Nickel, Machine Learning and Blockchain, +49 170 4920616, firstname.lastname@example.org, CET
Susan Miller, SAP Cloud Platform, +1 (610) 661-9225, email@example.com, ET
Samantha Finnegan, SAP Cloud Analytics, +1 (415) 377-0475, firstname.lastname@example.org, ET
SAP News Center press room; email@example.com
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2018 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.