As Bob Dylan famously wrote, “The times they are a-Changin’.” Industries the world over, including mill and mining — which spans metals, paper, packaging, building products, cement, concrete, forest products, textiles, and cable — realize they must embrace digital technologies to survive and thrive.
Business models are transforming, industry boundaries are blurring, and technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are opening up entirely new capabilities for new and expanded business processes and models.
Sustainability and purpose are also important topics to address including efficient use of energy and water, worker safety, and recycling/circular economy. Companies now have the opportunity build their business in the context of value chains that cross boundaries instead of the old “inside-out” enterprise view.
However, many companies are cemented (pun intended!) in processes and IT from the 1990s and cannot support this transformation. This generation of business users has expectations for their technology experiences that cannot be met with the user interfaces from the past. Cyber risk and regulatory compliance topics such as GDPR must be addressed.
If this is something you are thinking about , come join us to learn more and talk with like-minded peers.
SAP and TA Cook are delighted to announce that three mill products and mining conferences will be held in one location — Prague — from October 16-18, 2018.
- International SAP Conference for Metals and Mining | Read the brochure.
- International SAP Conference for Building Materials | Read the brochure.
- International SAP Conference for Forest Products, Paper, and Packaging | Read the brochure.
We hear from customers that SAP industry events are some of the most effective ways to talk with peers about what is going on — and to get ideas to start putting into motion. Think about hundreds of customers, partners, and SAP experts all together in one cool European city. Companies that are speaking include: ArcelorMittal, Vale, International Paper, Asia Pulp and Paper, SAPPI, Evergreen Packaging, Koehler Paper, Suzano Pulp & Paper, UPM, Glatfelter, Mohawk, and Vectus
Need more convincing? Here are a few event highlights:
- Engaging keynotes from global SAP customers and experts covering digital transformation, new innovations and business models, data integration, machine learning, SAP S/4HANA, and thoughts for the future
- Strategic insight from SAP industry executives plus guidance and expertise from SAP solution management
- A vibrant exhibition of SAP partners, live demos, and the opportunity to meet privately with our executive team and global solution experts
- A deeper dive into the topics by attending one or more of our 12 pre-conference workshops, taking place on October 16
- An informal evening event with the opportunity to network with your peers while enjoying traditional Czech food and drink
- Benefits of cross-industry learning as the event encompasses three industries and in addition, is also co-located with the International SAP Conferences for Chemicals
Delegates will have the opportunity to move freely between all four industries and benefit from cross-industry workshops, keynote presentations, tracks, and partner exhibitions.
Why not bring your team to maximize coverage? We look forward to seeing you in Prague!