PARIS — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today launched its first location in Paris for SAP.iO Foundries. The Paris location is designed to help and support business-to-business (B2B) startups build innovative software and deliver high value for SAP customers.
The startup accelerator program from SAP is aimed to accelerate SAP’s fast growth in the cloud and advance a technology community focused on machine learning (ML), blockchain, the Internet of Things (IoT) and software as a service (SaaS). The location in Paris for SAP.iO Foundries is part of the intended €2 billion spend SAP has earmarked for France over five years. The location was first announced by Bill McDermott, CEO and Member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, at a summit hosted by President Emmanuel Macron in January.
“It’s a hugely exciting time for tech in France,” said Brian Duffy, president, SAP EMEA North. “The launch of the Paris location of SAP.iO Foundries signals the next phase of SAP’s commitment to this dynamic startup ecosystem. It’s the responsibility of SAP and all global technology players to invest in nurturing future innovation, and I can’t wait to see what each of our first startups will do with the support of this program.”
The accelerator program provides tailored mentorship, access to data and technologies from SAP and opportunities for exposure to SAP executives and the SAP customer base of more than 400,000. It will run for 10 weeks and conclude with a “Demo Day” on December 6, 2018.
“The creation of the Paris location of SAP.iO Foundries demonstrates SAP’s commitment to supporting French B2B startups,” said Gerald Karsenti, managing director, SAP France. “As an industry leader, it makes sense to connect these startups to SAP to create innovations that will change everyone’s daily lives.”
The first group of six startups in 2018 is building B2B solutions focused on supply chain and digital core innovations and span many industries, including retail and e-commerce. The startups are:
- Brennus Analytics has developed an SaaS solution that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and a company’s sales data to predict a customer’s response to help a company find the best price for its offerings.
- CITODI has developed an AI solution capable of deciding in real time the best assignment of deliveries to be made. It considers all the variables of a delivery – including package size and weight, eligibility of delivery personnel, routes, carbon dioxide emissions and traffic – to reduce delivery time and increase the profitability of each delivery.
- Energiency is a cloud software startup that develops disruptive energy Big Data analytics solutions that allow industrial manufacturers to achieve, maintain and accelerate up to 20 percent energy savings without additional investments.
- Scortex has designed a hardware and software solution that uses AI and machine learning to detect defective products as they roll off the assembly line.
- Supervizor makes software that detects tax anomalies, providing a digitalized tax audit before a tax inspector does.
- Wakeo provides traceability of transport operations by automating tracking and obtaining real-time location of goods. It helps anticipate delays and allows customers to build a reliable and objective database to accurately measure service level provided by forwarders and carriers.
The SAP.iO program is fueling an early-stage ecosystem of innovation for SAP by investing in and accelerating entrepreneurs building great software. The SAP.iO Fund directly invests in visionary, early-stage startups that leverage SAP’s unique assets, including data, APIs and platform technologies from SAP, to deliver extraordinary value for SAP customers. The SAP.iO Foundries is a top-tier program that provides select startups with access to data and technologies from SAP as well as opportunities for exposure to SAP customers. Current locations of SAP.iO Foundries are in major startup hubs, including Paris, Berlin, Tel Aviv, New York City and San Francisco. SAP.iO Venture Studio helps internal talent build successful businesses that enable customers to solve big problems.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 404,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2018 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.