SAP joins startups, entrepreneurs, and investors at Web Summit, Europe’s most influential technology event of the year, in Lisbon, Portugal, November 5-8, 2018.
Defined as “the best technology conference on the planet” by Forbes and labeled as “Davos for geeks” by Bloomberg, Web Summit is one of the world’s largest and most influential technology events. This year, SAP will participate in Web Summit, joining more than 70,000 entrepreneurs, tech superstars, media, and startups for a global intersection of technology, culture, business, and visionary forecasts.
During the four-day event, SAP executives Alicia Tillman, Deepak Krishnamurthy, and Ann Rosenberg will lead various discussions on a range of thought-provoking and timely business and technology topics. There will be an exhibit showcasing SAP Leonardo intelligent technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, blockchain, Big Data, data intelligence, and predictive analytics. SAP will also lead a four-session workshop, “Redefine life and business with SAP Leonardo,” highlighting the unlimited possibilities of SAP Leonardo in life, business, and the Intelligent Enterprise.
SAP Speakers at Web Summit
SAP executives will participate in a variety of presentations to tackle multiple, next-gen topics focused on top-of-mind issues for everyone running a digital business.
- On Tuesday, November 6, from 1:45-2:05 p.m. (Pavillion FIL4, PandaConf), Alicia Tillman, chief marketing officer of SAP, will share the stage with Michelle Peluso, chief marketing officer of IBM, to offer best practices on how to best communicate and transfer brand values to employees and sell branding to an internal audience.
- On Tuesday, November 6, from 11:35 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Pavillion FIL3, SaaS Monster), Tillman will also participate in a panel on customer experience that will explain the incredible impact customer experience has on customer purchases.
- On Tuesday, November 6, from 4:10-4:30 p.m. (Pavillion FIL4, Startup University), Tillman will take the stage for an “Investing in Women” panel, focusing on investments in startups led by women.
- On Wednesday, November 7, from 3:05-3:25 p.m. (Pavillion FIL3, SaaS Monster), Deepak Krishnamurthy, executive vice president and chief strategy officer at SAP will lead a session on diversity and inclusion that looks at shaking up the status quo to create a vibrant culture.
- Ann Rosenberg, senior vice president and global head of the SAP Next-Gen program, will participate in the exclusive invitational Corporate Innovation Summit, a gathering of executives and thought leaders discussing the biggest challenges in business, from tech disruption to millennial expectations.
- On Monday, November 5, from 6:00-7:00 p.m, Rosenberg will participate in the House of Scandinavia panel discussion: “How startups can engage corporates to drive innovation with purpose.”
The “Redefine life and business with SAP Leonardo” workshop series will offer interactive sessions and roundtables to introduce attendees to the unlimited possibilities of SAP Leonardo for life, business, and an intelligent enterprise.
In the workshop, SAP experts will bring technologies like blockchain, analytics, IoT, machine learning, and AI to life and show how they are driving digital transformation and industry innovation, transforming cities into smart cities today and reinventing business processes and the whole customer experience. Throughout the workshop, attendees will get a detailed overview of how they can maximize the value of their data and insights while empowering their employees and customers with increased visibility, focus, and agility.
The sessions will take place on Wednesday, November 7, 1:00-4:00 p.m. (room S1, PT Meeting Centre, between FIL 1 and Altice Arena). The agenda includes:
- Designing for industry innovation; built for all tailored for yours (1:10 p.m.)
- SAP Leonardo machine learning and conversational AI delivers results beyond human capabilities; explore the unlimited potential (1:55 p.m.)
- Launch a smart city today with SAP Leonardo intelligent technologies (2:40 p.m.)
- Doing good in good business (3:25 p.m.)
Beyond the workshops and speaker sessions, SAP will exhibit on the show floor located in Pavillion 3, stand E343. Attendees can drop by the SAP exhibit to get a better understanding of the intelligent technologies that can help companies become intelligent enterprises. Visitors can also test their hand-eye coordination skills with the “Smart Kicker” showcase, which uses SAP Leonardo technologies to analyze player’s performance in real time and offers strategies and suggestions on how to beat the competition. Solution experts covering a range of intelligent technologies will be ready to help visitors understand the applications of technology and the best possible uses of it.
SAP is excited about its participation at Web Summit, where there will be many opportunities to network with SAP customers, partners, and executives and discover how SAP technology excellence applied with a purpose can create positive social impact.
Fernando Sanchez-Mayoral is director of Global Tradeshows for SAP SE.