SAP’s first-ever appearance at South by Southwest (SXSW) from March 8-11 in Austin, Texas, was a hit!
If you are unfamiliar with SXSW, it is an annual technology, film, interactive media, and music festival that attracts over 400,000 attendees and more than 4,000 media, influencer, and celebrity personalities. The event provided SAP a unique opportunity to access a new demographic while increasing our brand awareness at one of today’s most exciting events.
SAP took over Café Blue, a restaurant with a large patio space and prime location across from the main entrance to the conference center. Coined the SAP House at Trinity & Second, the space was transformed to showcase “Modern Experiences in a Digital World,” our main theme for SXSW. Our house hosted keynotes, customer sessions, live music, and activities all aligned to four experiences: Customer, Employee, Citizen, and Creator.
Check out the highlights below and the recap video for a snapshot of our time at the #SAPHouse at South by Southwest!
- 9,631 SAP House visitors
- 61 million+ social impressions
- 1,560 Qualtrics onsite event survey responses
- 18 SDG Media Zone interviews and panel discussions
- 125 pairs of Steph Curry 5 shoes donated to the Girl Scouts, who will pass them along to girls in underserved communities through local outreach programs
- Four SXSW-sponsored keynotes, three showcases: SAP and Under Armour Basketball Experience, Under Armour Connected Technology Running Game, and the Smart Kicker
- 17 sessions and special activities, including Resume of the Future Experience with SAP SuccessFactors; Transparency from Ocean to Table with Bumble Bee Foods; The Circular Economy 2030; Crack the Code with SAP Leonardo; The VIVO Customer Experience: Secure Data-Sharing Demo; The Sustainable Fashion Agenda Breakfast; Human Revolution Party hosted by the SAP SuccessFactors team; SAP NS2 Service and Innovation Reception with special guest J.R. Martinez, and more
- Four featured customers: Under Armour, American Airlines, Girl Scouts, and Bumble Bee Foods
- Mentioned by the Harlem Globetrotters, Katie Couric, and SXSW channels on social media
- Press Release: Bumble Bee Foods and SAP Create Blockchain to Track Fresh Fish from Ocean to Table
- Launch of the FQ App with the SAP Next-Gen program and The Female Quotient
- Debut of SAP’s first commissioned piece of artwork for the Gallery of Purpose: “PowHERful,” created by artist Markus Sebastiano
Our first appearance at this landmark event was a huge success, with 9,631 visitors. The SAP House at Trinity & Second was abuzz with unforgettable moments, experiences, and memories in the making — seen through the strong social campaign that trended highly on Twitter throughout the weekend with more than 61 million social impressions. We even had a few special guests stop by the house, including The Today Show, Harlem Globetrotters, and Kevin McCarthy, the House Minority Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives, and other government officials. What an amazing platform for our brand! We are so grateful for the hard work and commitment put forth by our team to make this event possible.
Thank you to all those out there who stopped by the #SAPHouse. We hope you had fun and walked away loving SAP as much as we do!
Alicia Tillman is chief marketing officer of SAP.