These days, sustainability is a topic on everyone’s mind. Or it should be. By 2050, there could be more plastic than fish in the ocean. Consumption of natural resources rose at twice the rate of population growth in the 20th century. And pollution contributed to more than 9 million premature deaths in 2015, 16 percent of all deaths worldwide.
Lots of people and many businesses talk about sustainability and how to address it. But what are we really doing about it?
SAP views sustainability as a priority. The SAP One Billion Lives initiative was launched in 2016 and founded on the belief that corporations have a role to play in solving the world’s largest problems. Already, the program has delivered impact at scale in healthcare, disaster mitigation and relief, and many other areas. This initiative is just one of the many ways that SAP actively addresses sustainability.
Many of our partners also actively address this topic. An alliance of 50 SAP partners, United VARs, is working toward providing clean water systems for schools in Cambodia. Another SAP partner, Social Coin, has built a platform to reward actions that improve lives.
SAP highlights many of these stories through SAP Innovations4Good. Here are just some examples of the terrific ways our partners are addressing sustainability by using technology to improve people’s lives:
- Profitability and Sustainability Co-Exist in the Circular Economy
- Improving People’s Lives: Saving Elephants and Rhinos
- Eco-Friendly Technology Has Many Benefits
- Intelligent Enterprise Delivers Water to Sub-Saharan Africa
- An Intelligent Enterprise in the Amazon Rainforest? No Problem
- SAP Partner Itron Strives to Save Every Drop of Water
- Another Food Recall? Here’s How We Prevent It
- Pedal Partners: SAP Partner Telit Provides Tracking Solution for Lung Cancer Cause
- Artificial Intelligence Helps Supply Chains Minimize Waste in Food and Medicine
- Eliminating Forced Labor Around the World, Starting with the Supply Chain
Be Part of the Journey
We invite you to be part of SAP’s sustainability journey. Click below to share your personal commitment to a sustainable future alongside SAP’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) with your networks and add hashtag #sap4good.
The more we spread the word and inspire others to join in, the better. Let’s collectively reach 5,000 posts by Earth Day on April 22 and SAP will plant 5,000 trees.
SAP and our partners. Improving lives. That is our purpose.