Schedule an Expert for open incidents launched last year for high-priority incidents. Starting May 27, Schedule an Expert for open incidents will be extended and available for open low- and medium-priority incidents as well.
Book a session and reduce the number of delayed messages and information requests that you get from support. Speak with the assigned support engineer to discuss the technical details of your open incident in a 30-minute Skype call that you schedule – saving time and effort. Sessions can be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Schedule an Expert is available for all support levels and almost all solutions.
What are the differences between Schedule an Expert for open incidents and Schedule an Expert for new issues?
Schedule an Expert for open incidents enables you to clarify technical details of the incident and discuss them with the assigned support engineer. This joint effort supports faster incident processing time. Schedule an Expert for open incidents is available for low-, medium-, or high-priority incidents with the assigned support engineer. Additional conditions apply (see next section).
Schedule an Expert for new issues is meant to address new topics for which you would normally report an incident. Sessions can be booked a minimum of 48 hours in advance. It can be accessed through the Schedule an Expert tile on your SAP ONE Support Launchpad home screen.
Both versions of Schedule an Expert offer real-time support that lets you directly schedule a 30-minute Skype session with a support engineer. Spend less time waiting for response and resolution.
What Qualifies as an Open Incident for Schedule an Expert?
If eligible, a Schedule an Expert button will appear in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad when the following conditions are met:
- The incident is an open incident
- The incident is low-, medium-, or high-priority
- A processor has been assigned to the incident and is available for scheduling
- The incident is within Product Support (note that Schedule an Expert is not offered within SAP Development Support)
How Do I Schedule an Expert for an Open Incident?
1. Open the incident in SAP ONE Support Launchpad, click Edit on the bottom-right of the incident page:
2. The Schedule an Expert button appears on the bottom when the above conditions are met. Click on the Schedule an Expert button and then click on Book a Session:
3. Select the available date and time in your time zone to schedule your session:
4. Add a detailed description and any attachments, then click Submit:
5. You will receive a booking confirmation mail. Click Add to Calendar (.ics) to add the meeting request to your calendar. Click on View Upcoming to view your scheduled sessions(s):
For more detailed steps, check the user guide here.