MUNICH — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the first SAP.iO Foundry program in Munich with seven business-to-business technology startups creating innovative software that integrates with SAP’s marketing and commerce cloud solutions.
SAP.iO Foundry Munich is part of SAP’s innovation strategy and is designed to provide the startups with access to curated mentorship, exposure to SAP technology and application programmable interfaces (APIs), and opportunities to collaborate with SAP customers.
The startups in the Munich cohort were selected based on their ability to:
- Enhance customer experiences in commerce and marketing
- Apply emerging technologies, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT) and augmented reality, that unlock enterprise data and drive outsized outcomes
- Acquire customers and show readiness to scale
“The SAP.iO expansion to Munich is a signature commitment to the German startup ecosystem,” said Deepak Krishnamurthy, SAP chief strategy and transformation officer. “We will empower the startups to deliver value to our customers and, at the same time, build a compelling ecosystem around SAP C/4HANA and customer experience solutions.”
The SAP.iO Foundry Munich cohort includes the following startups:
- ViewAR offers a platform-independent system for easy and robust creation of augmented reality apps for web and mobile use.
- presize.ai provides mobile body scanning software for fashion e-commerce, creating a more enjoyable experience by matching the best-fitting clothes with shoppers’ unique body reality apps for web.
- parcelLab is a cloud-based service that helps brands provide a personalized and branded customer experience during checkout, shipping and return processes.
- 8select is a plug-and-play software solution offering a curated shopping engine (CSE) to online retailers enabling them to personalize product recommendations for end consumers. It allows retailers to cross-sell by publishing automatically curated product sets (such as outfits) along the customer journey.
- Dotaki takes conversion rates to the next level for online merchants by using artificial intelligence to personalize digital content and experience according to each individual visitor’s method of making purchasing decisions.
- rapitag is a leading provider of secure mobile checkout and unique customer experiences in retail. rapitag offers the world’s first patented antitheft IoT security tags for one-click buying, helping retailers to connect and digitalize their physical stores.
- Expivi is an interactive and visual e-commerce platform that generates an immersive shopping experience with instant 3D configurations and artificial reality. Businesses are able to upgrade their online stores by using Expivi on their own existing marketplace.
Visit the SAP News Center. Follow SAP on Twitter at @SAPNews.
Anke Otto-Jungkind, +1 (650) 795-6478, firstname.lastname@example.org, PT
Michael Baxter, +49 151 1719 6185, email@example.com, CET
SAP News Center press room; firstname.lastname@example.org
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2019 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.