Issued by: Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
Johannesburg — SAP’s leading business partners were honoured last week at a glittering ceremony to celebrate the fifth annual SAP Africa Partner Awards that recognise exceptional customer service and contribution to market growth.
Hosted at SAP’s South African headquarters in Woodmead, Johannesburg, more than 200 people attended the event, including executives from South African-based partners and representatives from partners from the rest of the continent – including Nigeria, Kenya, and Angola.
The theme for this year’s event was ‘Doing Business in Africa’, with Dr Jay Van Zyl as the guest speaker, addressing innovation opportunities in today’s business environment.
“SAP is very reliant on its partners, and it is in recognising the contribution they make to building the brand and growing our customer base that we introduced the awards scheme,” says Pfungwa Serima, Managing Director of SAP Africa. “It is therefore apt that our theme for this year’s awards addresses one of our key focus areas, that being our expansion across the continent.
“It is therefore very pleasing to recognise the contribution that our partners, across all spheres, have made to grow the SAP brand.”
The SAP Partner Awards scheme recognises the leading business development partners, in both large enterprise and SME markets, with the most prestigious of the accolades being the Partner Excellence Awards.
The first-named category recognises partners who have recorded the highest Partner Incremental software revenue in the large enterprise market.
The SME Business Development Partners Award recognises partners who have achieved the most within the small and medium business sector, from highest revenue contribution, most new prospects, to most commitment to capability and capacity in the areas of sales, marketing and technology implementation and support.
The premier award – the Partner Excellence Awards – recognises partners who have achieved the highest customer satisfaction rating as recorded by the SAP Global Customer Satisfaction Survey.
“Within each of these broad categories, we recognise partners in sub-categories such as service, alliance, BEE and technology partners who individually contribute different elements to our business,” explains Serima.
The 2009 SAP Africa Partner Award winners are:
Partner Excellence Awards
This award is the most prestigious, recognising partners with the highest customer satisfaction rating, as recorded by the SAP Global Customer Satisfaction Survey.
* Technology Partner: IBM
* Special Expertise Partner: Consnet
* Service Partner: Satreno
* Service Alliance Partner: Britehouse
* SAP Business One: 4Most Systems
Business Development Partner Awards – Large Enterprise
This award recognises partners who, through exceptional relationships with customers and prospects, have provided outstanding support to SAP, with the winners in each sub category having achieved the highest Partner Incremental and Partner Influenced revenue during 2008.
* Service Alliance Partner: Accenture
* Service Partner: UCS
* Special Expertise Partner: Outlooksoft
* Africa Region: Seal Infotech Kenya
SME Business Development Partner Awards
SAP recognises the partners who performed best during 2008 in achieving highest revenue contribution, most new names, pipeline build and lead generation, reference ability, and commitment to building capability and capacity.
SAP Business All-in-One Reseller of the Year (South Africa) – highest revenue in 2008: Izazi
* SAP Business All-In-One Reseller (South Africa) – highest number of new customers (South Africa): SCT Services
* SAP Business One Reseller of the Year (South Africa) – combined best achievement in revenue and new customers: Bluekey Software Solutions
* SAP Business One Solution Partner of the Year (South Africa) – best ISV partner based on revenue: Magix integration
* SAP Business One Best New Reseller of the Year (South Africa) – first full year selling in 2008 based on revenue: Sizwe Sechaba Solutions
* SAP Business All-In-One Reseller of the Year (rest of Africa) – highest revenue in 2008: Serve Consulting
* SAP Business All-In-One Reseller (rest of Africa) – highest number of new customers: IDM
* SAP Business One Reseller of the Year (rest of Africa) – highest revenue in 2008: Oryx Computers Nigeria
* SAP Business One Best New Reseller of the Year (rest of Africa): Deutsche Plan Malawi
* SAP Business One Reseller of the Year (rest of Africa) highest number in new customers: Oryx Computers Nigeria
* SAP Business Objects Reseller of the Year – highest revenue: Asyst Intelligence
* SAP Business Objects Reseller of the Year – highest number of new customers: Bytes Technology Group
SAP is the world’s leading provider of business software(*), offering applications and services that enable companies of all sizes and in more than 25 industries to become best-run businesses. With more than 82 000 customers in over 120 countries, the company is listed on several exchanges, including the Frankfurt stock exchange and NYSE, under the symbol “SAP”. For more information, visit http://www.sap.com.