Johannesburg — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced an update in its portfolio of on-premise and hosted business management solutions for small businesses with the 8.82 version of the SAP Business One application.
With this new release, SAP continues to demonstrate its commitment to addressing specific product needs requested by small businesses. The latest version offers new capabilities for campaign management and material requirements planning, as well as business partner, infrastructure and inventory enhancements. With SAP Business One 8.82, starter package availability is expanded to include all application localisations.
Significant enhancements that SAP Business One 8.82 delivers include:
* Extension of customer relationship management (CRM) functionality. Powerful CRM functionality enables businesses to create, maintain and analyse multi-channel marketing campaign information. Businesses can manage the entire life cycle of a campaign by creating and maintaining target groups, using the campaign generation wizard, managing the campaign data, generating leads and sales opportunities directly from a campaign, and analysing results based on the campaign list report.
* Greater control and visibility over serial managed items. Users can allocate serial numbers to items for sales orders, accounts receivable reserve invoices and inventory transfer requests – allowing for better control, greater visibility and increased flexibility with inventory allocations.
* Pick and pack process simplification. Serial and batch numbers can be allocated to items throughout the pick and pack process. Businesses achieve better management and support for back-order functionality. Deliveries are automatically created and invoices can be manually developed. Customers benefit from cost savings due to efficient consolidation of deliveries and streamlined selecting operations.
* Powerful and flexible material requirements planning (MRP) processes. The enhanced MRP module has a more powerful and flexible MRP wizard, informative recommendation reports, new options for calendar week display and improved forecasting capabilities. The new inventory transfer request document recommends transfer between warehouses before initiating purchase or production orders. Businesses have greater control over MRP parameters and can better plan inventory levels with sophisticated calculation capabilities.
* Effective long-term business planning. Businesses can now record blanket agreements to reflect long-term sales or purchasing agreements that have been negotiated with business partners. Sales and purchasing documents can be linked to blanket agreements and used as a basis for expected revenue forecasts, quantity reservation and capacity planning. Furthermore, blanket agreements are involved in cash-flow calculations, MRP runs and the procurement process.
* Simplified configuration. The new express configuration wizard guides users through the essential settings in the various application areas and allows them to compare configuration settings that have been previously saved in order to detect changes to the configuration that may cause errors.
“As per our commitment to the market and roadmap identified and communicated in May 2010, the release of 8.82, now available as well in Africa, clearly demonstrates SAP’s ability to develop, deliver and continue innovating building best practice tools and functionalities within its entire family of business applications. With this new release, SAP Business One has achieved a new level of capability for SMEs,” said Pankaj Pema, Head of SAP Business One Africa, “allowing such organisations to capitalise on solutions today such as mobility, advanced analytics and cloud services, to some extent, the de facto standard for the needs of small and mid-sized companies.”
SAP Business One 8.82 is available through starter packages and subscription-based hosting options.
Ogilvy Public Relations South Africa
(+27) 11 709 6936