Customers Announced at SAP’s Annual Partner-Customer Awards of Excellence
Melbourne, Australia — Companies who undertook the most successful mySAP implementations during 2002, were recognised at today’s Partner-Customer Awards of Excellence, hosted by SAP Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
The winners included some of Australia’s leading small and large companies, and represented both the public and private sectors. Among the winners were Komatsu and partner Deloitte Consulting for the Best CRM Implementation; the Waterways Authority of NSW and Bearing Point for the Innovation Award Using New Technology; CSR and Accenture for the Best R/3 Implementation; and Radio Frequency Systems Asia Pacific and IBM GSA took out the award for Best SMB Implementation.
In the lead up to the event an independent team of judges evaluated more than 40 award submissions from SAP customers and their partners, an increase from last year’s event. Award categories also increased this year from ten to 12, and included Best CRM Implementation, Best Business Intelligence Implementation, Best R/3 Implementation, Best E-Business Implementation and Innovation Award Using New Technology.
The judging panel consisted of: Rob Durie, Executive Director of the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA); Peter Hind, Program Manager of InTEP Forums at IDC; and was overseen by Paul Detering, Vice President of SAP Consulting for Asia Pacific. Judging criteria was based on the customer’s effective use of resources, its relationships with both the implementation partner and SAP, ability to understand and adapt to changing market conditions, and achievement of the set business objectives.
“Through the Partner-Customer Awards of Excellence, we aim to recognise the extremely high level of achievement and innovation of our customers in their IT implementations,” said Geraldine McBride, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of SAP ANZ.
“The submissions to this year’s awards were of a very high standard, but ultimately the winners were selected because in addition to coming in on time and in budget, the project results were tightly integrated with the overall strategic objectives of the business.
“Recent times have shown us that in IT, this no longer a nice to have – it is an essential component of any successful implementation.”
The winners of this year’s awards are:
– Best CRM Implementation, Komatsu with Deloitte Consulting as partner;
– Best Industry Solution Implementation, combined winners Colonial First State Property with Cap Gemini Ernst and Young as partner, and the Roads and Traffic Authority with Atos Origin as partner;
– Best Upgrade to 4.X Implementation, Comalco Aluminium with Deloitte Consulting as partner;
-Best Business Intelligence Implementation, Australian Wheat Board with Deloitte Consulting as partner;
– Best Financials or HR Implementation, Transport NSW with Bearing Point as partner;
– Innovation Award Using New Technology, Waterways Authority of NSW with Bearing Point as partner;
– Best R/3 Implementation, CSR with Accenture as partner;
– Best E-Business Implementation, Telstra Enterprise Services with IBM GSA as partner;
– Best SMB Implementation. Radio Frequency Systems Asia Pacific with IBM GSA as partner;
– Best Implementation Incorporating SAP Support Services, Capral Aluminium with Supply Chain Consulting as partner;
– Best R/3 Implementation New Zealand, Redeal with Cap Gemini Ernst and Young New Zealand.”In each of the winning submissions, what stood out to me was that despite the challenging market conditions, these companies went the extra mile to implement new technology, and further develop their existing IT infrastructure, to create a real competitive advantage,” said Rob Durie, AIIA.
Peter Hind of IDC, conferred with this idea.
IT executives are under increasing pressure to improve IT efficiency, whilst at the same time scaling back costs. The winning companies showed that a sound business plan, aligned with business objectives, can go a long way in helping to achieve this.”
The SAP Partner-Customer Awards of Excellence was introduced in 2001 to recognise and reward innovation and successful implementations of mySAP solutions. The awards are conducted on an annual basis.