Technology, business and industry experts get together to compete and celebrate innovation in the SAP ecosystem.
SYDNEY — SAP Australia announced today it is holding its first-ever Australian innovation competition, SAP InnoJam, from 30 – 31 July 2011, to coincide with the SAUG Summit 2011. The event will be held at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) Business School campus in Sydney and will see IT managers, business process experts, and software developers compete to win a spot at the prestigious SAP TechEd Demo Jam competition.
SAP InnoJam is a 30-hour event where SAP customers, partners, consultants, and employees come to collaborate, co-innovate and learn about SAP technologies with fellow SAP enthusiasts to develop prototypes based on business cases or scenarios. Participants gain hands-on experience with the newest and most innovative SAP technologies1 to take an idea from concept to prototype.
“SAP InnoJam enables SAP to innovate hand-in-hand with technology, business and industry experts to solve real-world problems,” said Kaj van de Loo, SAP Senior Vice President, Technology Strategy. “The event is not only a great opportunity for SAP’s ecosystem to collaborate and innovate; it also provides excellent feedback on our technology at an early stage of its development, as well as ideas on how it could be deployed. This is a must-attend-event for the SAP community in Australia.”
The event will kick off with a keynote, delivered by Kaj van de Loo, on how different SAP technologies and products are embedded in SAP’s strategy.
SAP experts will, then, provide an overview of available technologies and prototypes that participants will be able to use during the competition. Real-life business scenarios2 will be presented by business and industry experts that participants could choose to work on. During the competition, attendees will have 24 hours to build prototypes based on their choice with guidance from on-site SAP experts.
The three best teams from SAP InnoJam will present their prototype during the SAUG Summit 2011, taking place from 2 to 4 August. The top three teams will be announced on the third day of the Summit and the winners will be awarded their trophies. Grahame Reynolds, SAUG Chairman, will be one of the judges on the SAP InnoJam panel.
Originally called InnovationWeekend, SAP InnoJam was first held in 2010 in Berlin, Las Vegas and Bangalore prior to each SAP TechEd 2010 conference. This year, due to the popularity of the event, it was held in other locations around the world.
1. Participants get access to SAP’s newest software, such as:
- SAP NetWeaver Gateway – a technology that provides a simple way to connect devices, environments and platforms to SAP software based on market standards. The framework enables development of innovative people centric solutions bringing the power of SAP business software into new experiences such as social and collaboration environments, mobile and tablet devices and rich internet applications. It offers connectivity to SAP applications using any programming language or model without the need for SAP knowledge by leveraging REST services and OData/ATOM protocols.
- Project “River” – a cloud-based development environment which supports lightweight extensions to on-premises ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
- Holodeck – transforms any whiteboard or wall into an electronic whiteboard, just by using an iPhone and a projector. The technology enables participants to collaborate from different locations and brainstorm ideas. Holodeck captures content from the meeting and helps participants build ideas from a brainstorm. And, it is integrated with SAP Streamwork which allows user to save the brainstorming sheet.
- Sybase Unwired Platform – a mobile enterprise application platform that enables you to simply and quickly develop mobile applications that give business users secure access to diverse business data on a broad range of mobile devices.
2. Participants can submit their own business scenarios for the event and work on real-world implementations to see how these technologies can help solving them.
For more information, visit www.sapinnojam.com
Follow SAP on Twitter:
SAP Australia and New Zealand: @SAPANZ
SAP InnoJam: @SAPInnoJam
For more information, press only:
Wendy Hill, +612 9935 4502, firstname.lastname@example.org,