Celebrating the most innovative customers and partners in Australia and New Zealand, using SAP to succeed in the experience economy
SYDNEY, Australia – SAP Australia and New Zealand has presented 10 awards recognising the most innovative customers and partners in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) at the inaugural SAP Best Run Awards, held at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney.
The awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of organisations in ANZ using SAP products to transform their businesses, and drive innovation for their people and customers.
Drawn from SAP’s wide-ranging customer and partner base, the winners demonstrated new ways of thinking, disruptive use cases and the deployment of technologies in ways that set new benchmarks for their industry.
Damien Bueno, President and Managing Director, SAP Australia and New Zealand says, “At SAP, we’re committed to helping our customers and partners transform their customers’ experiences, improve productivity, and gain competitive advantage. These awards show how organisations across ANZ are transforming to be best run, in the experience economy.”
The recipients of the SAP ANZ Best Run Awards for 2019 are:
- Best Run SAP Intelligent ERP Enterprise – TasNetworks: TasNetworks implemented SAP S/4HANA in partnership with DXC Oxygen, simplifying business processes, and reducing operating costs. Since implementation, TasNetworks has decommissioned 60 legacy applications, improved workforce planning, minimised delays and lowered operation and maintenance costs. For more information, see: video case study and entry submission.
- Best Run SAP CRM and Customer Experience – Auckland Council: Auckland Council worked in partnership with Zag to architect an omni-channel customer-centric platform using SAP HANA. The platform has increased efficiency and processing capacity of resource and building consent applications for more than 1.5 million residents. In the first six months after the platform went live, 50 per cent of all building consent applications were submitted online. For more information, see: entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Network and Spend Management – Fortescue Metals Group (FMG): FMG integrated SAP Fieldglass into SAP Ariba, providing an end-to-end procurement system for the management and reporting of labour hire. The system directs labour engagements to contracted vendors, helping to reduce margins as well as increase spend with its Aboriginal and Traditional Custodian labour hire business – a key goal of Fortescue’s Billion Opportunities program. For more information, see: entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Human Resources and People Management – Fonterra: In partnership with Presence of IT, Fonterra implemented SAP SuccessFactors to streamline HR processes and transform employee experience across its offices. Since implementation, the business has freed up more than 59 staff hours a month through automation and has delivered more than 25,000 hours of e-learning. For more information, see: entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Data and Analytics – RPC Technologies: In partnership with Deloitte, RPC Technologies consolidated five disparate systems into one finance core within SAP S/4HANA Cloud, leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud to provide the business with the ability to report, forecast and visualise on real time project data. Since implementation, the business has achieved an 80 per cent reduction in end of month billing and a 50 per cent reduction in time taken to process supply chain transactions. For more information, see: entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Digital Supply Chain – Ballance Agri-Nutrients: Ballance-Agri Nutrients worked with Zag to create and implement a customer-centric e-commerce solution that consolidates data within SAP HANA. Since implementation, the business has streamlined processes with order entries 70 per cent faster and sales reporting 600 per cent faster. For more information, see: video case study and entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Industry Disruptor – Xinja: Xinja implemented SAP’s Cloud for Banking solution, the first and fastest deployment worldwide. The solution has delivered a lean core banking platform with a highly secure, robust infrastructure that has supported Xinja’s licensing application. For more information, see: press release and entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Innovator – Queensland Office of State Revenue (OSR): OSR partnered with SAP to deliver a proof of concept to build a next generation intelligent taxation solution powered by SAP Qualtrics, SAP Data Hub and using SAP Cloud Platform Machine Learning foundation capabilities, providing insights around why some taxpayers choose not to pay their taxes by the due date while others do. For more information see: entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Fast Growth Business – Kāpura: Kāpura in partnership with Deloitte New Zealand implemented SAP S/4HANA Cloud after a rapid 28-day implementation, helping to reduce operational processes, provide employees with real time information on business performance and improve efficiency with administrative tasks. For more information, see: news announcement and entry submission.
- Best Run SAP Social Hero – Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CAN4CANCER): CAN4CANCER leveraged SAP technologies to consolidate and aggregate rider insights and analytics, using SAP Analytics Cloud dashboard to create engaging post-event analysis and insights aimed at improving rider and supporter engagement. For more information, see: entry submission.
For more information on each nomination and the other finalists, please visit here.
As the Experience Company powered by the Intelligent Enterprise, SAP is the market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: 77% of the world’s transaction revenue touches an SAP® system. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers’ businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organisations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want – without disruption. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables more than 437,000 business and public customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees, and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improve people’s lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
# # #
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2019 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For more information, press only:
Georgina Bonner, SAP ANZ, +61 430 756 469, email@example.com, AEST
Natalie Carter, Howorth Communications, +61 450 644 312, firstname.lastname@example.org, AEST