BTC AG coming to E-world energy & water 2011
At the 11th E-world energy & water convention – a utilities industry event scheduled for February 8-10 in Essen, Germany – BTC Business Technology Consulting AG will be presenting the following topics at its stand (270, Hall 3):
- BTC Advanced Meter Management: Capable of handling mass amounts of information, this product provides measurement data and facilitates the configuration, control, and monitoring of smart meters.
- BTC Virtual Power Plant: A component for intelligent grids and energy management
- BTC SAP CRM for Utilities: Optimizes processes in energy utilities and marketing efforts to expand customer relationships
- BTC SAP EPM Prognose: Integrates forecasting into SAP BusinessObjects enterprise performance management solutions
- Maintenance and workforce management: A holistic approach to workforce management based on interconnected ERP, SCADA, and GIS systems
- Germany’s Federal Network Agency: Support in complying with G685 requirements and measurement processes involved in switching utility providers
BTC Business Technology Consulting AG offers services ranging from process consulting and system integration and management to outsourcing in a number of countries.
Steeb implementing SAP Business ByDesign for AVL Tippelmann
Steeb Anwendungssysteme GmbH is currently helping the engineering services provider AVL Tippelmann get started with SAP Business ByDesign. With this move, the subsidiary of AVL List – which itself manufactures drive systems for passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and large engines and develops the corresponding inspection technology – is seeking to cover all three of its business areas and establish stronger ties to its parent company. The various applications AVL Tippelmann has used in the past have led to redundant data entry and a lack of integration among its departments for test systems, powertrain engineering, and construction technology.
With the on-demand solution SAP Business ByDesign, AVL Tippelmann plans to standardize its internal processes and eliminate the need to set up its own IT department. The implementation is proceeding in two phases, the first of which will involve the installation of applications in financial accounting, warehouse management, sales, and project management by the end of January 2011. The company will then proceed with product development and manufacturing.
Next page: Trends in data management and legally compliant invoicing
Heiler presents trends in product data management
In the ongoing search for suitable strategies in multichannel commerce, Heiler Software AG sees the retail sector as having the strongest incentive to improve the quality of its data. This provider of master data management (MDM) services has also compiled seven trends it believes will shape multichannel product management in 2011:
- More collaboration along the information supply chain: Since the best product information comes from manufacturers themselves, retailers need to focus more on such companies. Working toward “100% supplier self-service” can help them achieve the highest possible efficiency, with portals giving suppliers insights into sales channels.
- Conversion and return rates as forms of currency: To minimize returns, retailers’ product descriptions have to be consistent in their catalogs and online stores. Reliable text, images, and videos are also needed to support purchase decisions and thereby raise conversion rates.
- Product information management (PIM) facilitates searching by criteria online:
Product data can now include attributes that make it possible to filter results and navigate online stores based on certain values and characteristics.
- Quality demands rules: Compliance requirements are increasing, with rules being formulated to govern the handling of product master data.
- New jobs and processes: More and more retailers are hiring multichannel managers, and special study courses are also available.
- Multishop management: Increasing internationalization and a stronger focus on target groups are leading to the creation of individual brands and e-stores – all of which are served by a central product-range platform.
- Customer feedback: Retail companies are making greater use of customer opinions and supplier knowledge in managing their product lines. Meanwhile, manufacturers, retailers, and customers are moving closer together, and the search for optimal product data is bolstering the concept of efficient customer response.
Crossgate helping IKB Leasing achieve invoicing compliance
The IKB Leasing Group is now using the legally compliant e-invoicing services of Crossgate, a company that specializes in EDI and B2B data transfers. As an alternative to paper-based invoicing, the international group now has its invoices signed by Crossgate’s Business-Ready Network before sending them to its customers in PDF format. The original copies are archived in a manner suitable for auditing. Meanwhile, the Crossgate platform’s e-Box provides and stores signed invoices for business partners that are unable to receive EDI data. Partners can also have their invoices sent directly into their ERP systems as EDI data records.