SAP NEWSBYTE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) and SuccessFactors, an SAP company, today announced they have been recognized by Ventana Research, a leading business technology and research firm, at the 2012 Technology Innovation Awards. SAP, SuccessFactors and their customers were identified as industry leaders across multiple categories. The announcement was made at the Ventana Research Business Technology Innovation Summit 2012, held November 8 in San Jose, California.
The Ventana Research Leadership Awards recognize organizations and supporting technology vendors that have achieved superior results through their people, processes, information and technology, while applying best practices within specific business and technology categories. Over 26 awards span categories from business analytics to operational intelligence. The Ventana Research Technology Innovation Awards showcase how and award technology vendors who advance the computing potential of their applications and technology in order to drive better efficiency.
For Technology Innovation Awards, SAP and SuccessFactors were recognized in several areas:
- SuccessFactors was named Overall Business Innovation winner for the analytics capability Headlines.
- SAP was recognized for its portfolio of sustainability solutions. These applications enable customers to measure corporate sustainability performance, comply with environmental regulations, mitigate ecological risk and help ensure that manufactured goods are safe for workers, consumers and the planet.
- SAP was also named winner for Overall IT Innovation for the development of the SAP HANA platform. The high performance, in-memory virtualized SAP HANA is a unified platform for delivering real-time operational, predictive and text analytics on “big data,” as well as for running both transactional and analytical processes on the same foundation.
In the seventh annual 2012 Leadership Awards section, SAP customers were recognized for use of SAP solutions:
- Danone was named winner for its use of SAP solutions to measure its carbon footprint across 35,000 products. With analytics software from SAP, Danone can provide operations managers with the information they need to analyze their options and determine the more sustainable strategy, whether it relates to product development, ingredient selection, sourcing, transportation options or even investments.
- Under Armour, a SuccessFactors customer, won for its use of SuccessFactors Business Execution (BizX) Suite to build the human resources infrastructure required to support the company’s rapid growth.