SAP NEWSBYTE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the latest release of the SAP® Cloud for Sales solution, including powerful new retail execution capabilities for consumer goods companies. Retail execution enables field sales teams to manage product, price and merchandising execution in stores and includes capabilities for store visit planning, in-store audits and surveys, and orders and claims management. It helps to improve consumer products sales force productivity and reduce the risk of lost sales due to improper pricing or out of stocks at the retail shelf, and facilitates more effective relationships with retailers.
“Nespresso maintains a direct dialogue with our consumers and Club Members worldwide through an array of contact points,” said Jean-Marc Duvoisin, CEO, Nestlé Nespresso SA. “SAP Cloud for Sales allows us to focus on delivering the ultimate coffee experience to our consumers.”
SAP offers retail execution capabilities on premise and as part of a cloud-based sales force automation solution, enabling customers to choose either option depending on business needs and technology goals. The solution offers one complete, insight-rich mobile sales app that helps boost sales effectiveness for retailer-focused merchandising teams and traditional enterprise sales teams. Simplified deployment, management and reduced costs, as well as cross-team collaboration and a better buying experience help increase sales and brand differentiation.
Additionally, the company continues to enhance the SAP® Cloud for Customer solution to help companies engage their customers like never before. Enhancements include:
- Deeper insight: Managers and individual contributors can perform advanced analysis with interactive drilldowns on iPad and other devices using the new HTML5 user interface for better, more insightful decision-making wherever they go. Dashboard and report setup, creation and publishing have been streamlined for key users in order to simplify operations and help reduce time to gain insight.
- More effective engagement: Through deeper marketing insight, sales people know which interactions and content a contact has experienced to date so that follow-up activities are personalized and relevant. Contact and opportunity data stays clean and accurate with enhanced record de-duplication.
- Improved user experience: Richer mobile apps, with new features such as service ticket management, document flow visualization and installed based asset updates, continue to be included in the subscription fee at no additional cost. An enhanced Outlook add-in enables users to work more effectively offline through a dynamic download of contact and account information to their local device.
- More time to engage: Reducing time spent on administrative work increases time spent engaging customers. Designated sales or operations people can create product lists and use them to generate quotes more quickly. Service agents can now search order, delivery, invoice and warranty documents in real time.
- Richer integration: Enhanced out-of-the-box integration between SAP Cloud for Customer and the SAP® ERP and SAP® Customer Relationship Management applications enables sales and service employees to manage additional business partner relationship types while operations teams get better configuration reporting and streamlined setup.
- Better omni-channel engagement: Improvements to the SAP HANA® Cloud Portal, support site option, based on customer feedback include updates to chat integration, knowledgebase integration, historical view of service interactions and portal customization. Improved support for the voice channel with enhanced CTI integration includes IVR data display, softphone configurability, click to call, automatic call logging and expanded customer data search, all of which is integrated out-of-the-box with SAP® Business Communications Management software.
To learn more, register for a November 14 webcast hosted by SAP: “Enabling the Perfect Store: Retail Execution Excellence.”