SAP NEWSBYTE — Capping off a series of top rankings by independent analyst firms, including Forrester, Gartner and Ventana, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) has had its market leader status confirmed in the 2013 edition of Analyst Howard Dresner’s “Wisdom of Crowds® Mobile Computing / Mobile Business Intelligence Market Study”[PDF].
2013 was a milestone year for mobile business intelligence (BI) at SAP. Innovations and advancements included:
- Surpassing 1 million lifetime downloads for the SAP® BusinessObjects™ Mobile mobile app
- Release of version 5.1 of SAP BusinessObjects Mobile for iOS and Android
- SAP BusinessObjects Mobile expanding to support cloud data exploration with SAP® Lumira™ software
- Integration of SAP BusinessObjects Mobile and SAP BusinessObjects Explorer mobile apps
- The launch of SAP Fiori™, a collection of apps that represent the new SAP user experience paradigm
“Congratulations to SAP for being one of the top-ranked vendors in our 2013 Wisdom of Crowds Mobile Business Intelligence Survey,” said Howard Dresner, chief research officer, Dresner Advisory Services. “Since 2010, when we initiated our first Mobile Business Intelligence market study, we have seen consistent growth in the importance of mobile BI to organizations. And what do they want? They are asking for pervasive access to information, better and faster decision-making, and better support for increasingly mobile and customer-facing workforce. The top-ranked vendors are offering the breadth of choices businesses are looking for.”
Moving forward, SAP will continue to deliver on its mobile-first approach to BI with industry-leading solutions from applications to the platform.
Planned releases include:
- Continued support and product innovations for Android, iOS and Windows 8
- Innovation with self-service data exploration with SAP Lumira bringing together Big Data, cloud and mobile
- Planned offline access for data exploration with SAP Lumira and SAP® BusinessObjects™ Design Studio
- Additional SAP Fiori apps that can offer simple and fast access to real-time information for better business interactions and instant insight to action
To learn more, watch a video: “SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Called a ‘Market Leader.’” For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
Jason Grosse, +1 (415) 694-8554, firstname.lastname@example.org, PST
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.