SAP NEWSBYTE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the availability of a comprehensive suite of end-to-end Big Data services to help customers identify and capitalize on data-driven business opportunities. Big Data services from SAP range from short-term to ongoing strategic advisory, advanced analytics guidance, data science consulting and implementation support, through to the ongoing management of a Big Data environment, and cover the entire end-to-end process and life cycle.
Working with customers to develop end-to-end capabilities for capturing, storing, analyzing and consuming new data-driven insights, the SAP® Services organization helps customers succeed with Big Data and realize the potential of their data with SAP solutions. SAP consultants offer customers a variety of services that address Big Data topics, including:
- Business assessment: SAP works with customers to identify and prioritize potential business scenarios to gain a clear understanding of how their organization can use Big Data to maximize performance.
- Value discovery: SAP leverages the expertise of its data science organization to uncover signals hidden in Big Data that can lead to competitive advantages for the organization.
- Design and architecture: SAP assesses the customer’s current capabilities, works to create a long-term vision and charts a course toward Big Data. SAP consultants work to securely integrate emerging technologies with their existing investment, expand governance processes and define a strategy to fulfill the customer’s needs.
- Big Data platform implementation: By pairing the SAP HANA® platform with Apache Hadoop or SAP IQ software to create an end-to-end, real-time platform, SAP experts guide customers through system landscape harmonization and data management best practices to help improve efficiency and ensure flexibility in handling massive amounts of data.
- Advanced analytics and application solutions implementation: SAP experts deploy Big Data analytics and applications to help the customer uncover new business potential, including sentiment analysis, industry and line-of-business analytics solutions as well as a way to anticipate the future with predictive capabilities.
- Management and optimization: SAP helps deploy the solution into an environment that best meets the organization’s needs on premise, in the cloud or via a hybrid model. SAP Services supports preferred deployment options and offers cost-effective alternatives for managing and optimizing Big Data solutions.
“Big Data solutions create opportunities for businesses to expand sales of existing products, increase the rate of speed they bring products to market, innovate new business models to better service their customers and help reduce operating costs,” said Stefan Schoepfel, global vice president, Big Data and Analytics Services, SAP. “We are in a unique position to advise customers on how to leverage these opportunities and become Big Data-ready given our decades of experience with Big Data technologies and deep industry knowledge. Engaging in a Big Data initiative is an evolving process that when conducted appropriately can yield extremely beneficial and previously unavailable insights. Big Data services from SAP offer a comprehensive suite of offerings to support customers at any point along their Big Data journey.”
Through a variety of tools, years of expertise and in-depth experiences to help customers run better than ever, SAP offers the technology that enables faster decisions based on high-volume streams of data. From travel and leisure to oil and gas to one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, SAP currently works with multiple industries to realize the power of Big Data and help grow their business with information and insights.
SAP today also announced the kick off of a 2014 Big Data Tour.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.