TUI, Vermeer, ASM and Barloworld Leverage SAP® Solutions for Customer Engagement to Deliver a Seamless, Connected and Branded Experience Across Every Channel and Device
WALLDORF, Germany — Today’s customers are changing the rules of the marketplace. They are digitally connected and socially networked. And they expect a consistent and integrated experience across every channel, from the web to a retail shop, and every step of their entire buying journey, from initial discovery through post-sale service. Reaching these newly empowered consumers requires entirely new models for engagement that are fundamentally shaking the foundations of how and where companies sell, market and service customers. Companies around the world are turning to SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) to enable them. Leveraging cutting-edge SAP® solutions for customer engagement and commerce, leading organizations like TUI, Vermeer, ASM and Barloworld are connecting with customers and creating consistent, relevant and branded experiences across every channel and device.
“To meet the needs of today’s empowered customer, businesses must deliver a consistent, omni-channel experience across the entire buying journey,” said Ariel Luedi, head of global Customer Engagement & Commerce, SAP. “SAP solutions for customer engagement and commerce are designed to help companies do this by helping to provide the insight, experience and execution needed to engage customers at the right time, with the right offer or response, and deliver a superior experience that drives brand loyalty — and ultimately revenue.”
Customer engagement is no longer about forcing customers through a pre-defined marketing and sales funnel. It’s about connecting with and guiding them through a dynamic, consumer-led buying journey — from initial engagement in new channels like social and mobile through post-sale support. Instead of trying to control the customer’s journey, companies need to act as a guide or orchestrator of that journey. They need to map the customer journey and make it the foundation for their new model for integrated engagement, delivering a consistent and personalized experience across all channels.
SAP solutions for customer engagement and commerce extend beyond the scope of traditional, control-based and sales force-oriented customer relationship management (CRM) applications and provide capabilities that enable marketing, commerce, sales and service to support this end-to-end customer engagement model. Using the solutions, companies can:
- Leverage a platform not just built on customer data, but on customer intelligence to live and engage in the moment with each and every customer.
- Create contextualized marketing and service experiences that address individual customer needs as they arise.
- Drive a fully integrated process and seamlessly execute orders across all sales and commerce channels.
- Deliver a harmonized customer experience across physical and digital channels, including social, web storefront and retail; and all devices, from smartphones and tablets to PCs.
A growing number of companies are implementing the offerings to realize this value, including:
- TUI Travel PLC, one of the world’s leading international leisure travel groups operating in approximately 180 countries worldwide, chose the SAP Cloud for Customer solution to engage more effectively with its customers and create a world-class experience that increases customer service across all channels. In combination with the SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud service, TUI Travel can manage a wealth of structured and unstructured customer data from various TUI countries and will have an unprecedented view of each and every customer in the future.
- Vermeer Manufacturing, a US-based global leader in designing and manufacturing quality agricultural, environmental and industrial equipment, chose SAP Cloud for Sales to improve collaboration, increase customer satisfaction and optimize supply chain through better planning and forecasting. SAP Cloud for Sales will enable its salesforce to better engage with customers and have more meaningful conversations providing a better customer experience.
- ASM Pacific Technology, a Hong Kong-based leader at the forefront of R&D and technology, has a diverse segment of businesses in semiconductor and surface mount technology industries. ASM aims to optimize customer service across multiple channels and improve the effectiveness of its field technicians. To help achieve this, ASM selected SAP Cloud for Sales, SAP Cloud for Service and SAP Jam social software platform. SAP technology will enable more than 1,000 ASM service operations and field technicians to perform field service scenarios around service, maintenance and installations of their equipment, including some complex-end-to-end service scenarios with enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Barloworld Equipment, the Southern Africa Caterpillar dealership, chose the SAP Cloud for Sales solution to take a giant leap forward in its ability to sell to the customer faster, more efficiently and on a state-of-the-art solution platform. Its salesforce will have real-time quote-to-order capability in the field and management will have market intelligence at their fingertips to inform and shape their sales strategies for their customer.
“We pride ourselves as the leader in our market, to serve our customers with better products and services,” said Patrick Lim, vice-president, corporate services, ASM Pacific Technology. “We believe that as we make the move to cloud technology with SAP, we will be able to play a more significant role in customer engagement, leveraging the cloud and big data automation for seamless access to virtually limitless resources.”
For more information about SAP solutions for customer engagement and the value they can deliver, visit sap.com/customer-engagement.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 253,500 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to Editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
©2014 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Trish Harman, SAP, +1 (608) 793-7302, firstname.lastname@example.org, CDT
SAP News Center press room; email@example.com
Britt Gottlieb, PAN Communications, +1 (617) 502-4334, firstname.lastname@example.org, EDT