The demonstrations at the facility primarily focus on the use of this technology in logistics, supply chain processes (SC) and customer relationship management (CRM). As one of the first RFID laboratories in the world, the centre has implemented this integration on the basis of the SAP NetWeaver platform, which also supports mobile devices.
The objective of the joint centre is to present RFID technology in a practical and tangible manner. Experts from Intel and Siemens Business Services show how RFID accelerates logistics processes and reduces costs on the basis of extensive case studies from different industries. A replacement parts logistics simulation from Siemens Business Services shows cost cutting potential between 10 and 20 percent. Interested persons can try out a wide range of RFID readers in combination with powerful Intel Itanium 2 servers running on SAP modules mySAP SCM, mySAP CRM, SAP Mobile Asset Management and SAP NetWeaver as an integration platform.
Advantages for the visitor
- Visualization of added value considerations and potential process optimisation through the use of RFID technology in logistics and supply chain management
- First-hand look at RFID technology
- Display of the selected processes in a wide range of industries
- Displayed processes based on the newest Intel architectures
- Learn about RFID technology in an SAP environment
- Exchange experiences with experts
The target groups include all companies with logistics and/ or goods management needs, for example in the following sectors:
- Retail and consumer goods
- Service providers
- Logistics service providers