Customers Transform Their Businesses With a New and Comprehensive Approach to Cloud
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Since launching its cloud strategy at SAPPHIRE NOW from Orlando in May 2012, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) has infused the cloud DNA of SuccessFactors, an SAP company, into its cloud business to create the most comprehensive portfolio of cloud solutions in the industry. SAP offers 20 solutions and suites in the cloud, designed to optimize a company’s most critical assets — people, finances, customers and suppliers. As an integral part of SAP’s cloud strategy — together with platform, social and the business network — today, SAP Cloud solutions are generating a US$1billion run rate, have a 14-fold revenue growth rate and boast 20 million users across more than 6,000 customers in the cloud. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE NOW + SAP TechEd, being held as a co-located event in Madrid from November 13-16.
“We are passionate about delivering beautiful, robust and reliable cloud applications that work the way our customers do,” said Lars Dalgaard, member of the SAP Executive Board. “I announced our cloud strategy acceleration six months ago and since then the response and traction we’ve seen in the market has been monumental. SuccessFactors grew by 92 percent year over year, SAP Business ByDesign at 300 percent year over year and companies are embracing SAP Jam as a productivity tool with more than 8 million users. And we’re just getting started. There is so much more to come as we continue to innovate across our cloud portfolio, applying user and mobile-first design principles, to meet our customers’ business needs — and most importantly delight our customers’ end users.”Line-of-business applications running on SAP Cloud together with the suite solutions — SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Business One OnDemand — are empowering people through a consumer-grade user experience, purposeful collaboration and insightful analytics for managers across all areas of the business. Today, SAP announced examples of the significant sales and development momentum across the entire suite of cloud solutions.
SAP to Deliver Enhanced Enterprise Security, Apps and App Platform for Windows 8
SAP Mobile Apps for Windows 8 to Help Increase Mobile and PC Worker ProductivityDUBAI, United Arab Emirates November 14, 2012 – SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced plans to deliver six new SAP mobile apps for Windows 8, bringing new innovations for SAP customers. SAP also announced forthcoming support for Windows 8 development on the leading SAP Mobile Platform1 as well as security enhancements to the SAP Afaria mobile device management solution. Through these apps, platform support and security enhancements, SAP plans to extend business processes to Windows 8 to accelerate a business’ ability to run better with devices of various form factors. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE NOW + SAP TechEd, being held as a co-located event in Madrid from Nov. 13-16.
SAP Mobile Apps for Windows 8
SAP plans to offer six business apps for Windows 8 for use on devices of various form factors focused on enterprise functions such as training, recruiting and sales. All six of these mobile apps will be available for download in the Windows Store with additional information available in SAP Store. These mobile apps include:
- SAP WorkDeck, developed first for Windows 8, is a new personacentric app that offers contextuat information of various information sources and processes into a role based view. SAP WorkDeck also allows users to initiate new requests. SAP WorkDeck allows employees to initiate new requests, oversee upcoming events and monitor the progress, as well as enables managers to react and process workflows on-the-go, such as travel, leave and purchasing requests.
- SAP Manager Insight is an employee profile app that provides managers with access to key indicators, such as diversity, headcount, employee talent by location, as well as employee profiles, to drive collaborative and informed human resources (HR) decision-making.
- SAP Learning Assistant is a training app that gives on-the-go workers tag-along teachers. It makes on-demand, online training available anytime, anywhere so workers can access required classes to address compliance and job requirements.
- SAP Interview Assistant is a recruiting app that eases the cumbersome task of arranging interviews. It also helps managers review candidate information, prepare notes, record results, and provide immediate feedback to HR.
- SAP Customer Financial Fact Sheet is a customer profile app for account executives to access financial data, invoices and critical sales orders in real time.
- SAP GRC Policy Survey is a policy app for employees to review and acknowledge relevant policy changes and fill in surveys to ensure they understand the policies
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 197,000 customers (includes customers from the acquisition of SuccessFactors) to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
2012 Software Vendor of the Year: ITP Arab Technology Awards and Computer News Middle East ICT Achievement Awards.Media contacts
Claire McPeak, SAP, +971 4 330 1777,email@example.com
Neil Jaques, Wallis Marketing Consultants, +971 4390 1950,firstname.lastname@example.org