LAS VEGAS — SAP SE today announced next steps to deliver innovation in the cloud with the SAP HANA platform, empowering customers to run their businesses in real time. Today’s announcement includes new planned innovations in the latest release of SAP HANA, the fall update of SAP HANA Cloud Platform and a new SAP API Management technology. The announcement was made at SAP TechEd && d-code, being held October 20-24 in Las Vegas.
“It’s critical for our customers to simplify their businesses and to be able to innovate in the cloud,” said Björn Goerke, executive vice president, Products and Innovation Technology, SAP SE. “With the latest release of SAP HANA, we’re bringing new functionalities such as multi-tenancy to our cloud in order for our customers to truly innovate and simplify their business and development processes.”
New Release of SAP HANA Enables Customers to Innovate
More than 4,100 SAP HANA customers and 1,700 startups are leveraging the SAP HANA platform today. The latest release of SAP HANA, service pack 9 (SPS9), includes various key innovations, such as:
- Multi-tenancy aiming to simplify provisioning and management of multiple database workloads on premise and in the cloud. This can help customers better utilize system resources and reduce overall capital expenditure.
- Dynamic tiering, a highly scalable, integrated tiering option to help cost effectively manage very large data sets and provide streamlined and transparent access to critical data.
- Smart data integration and smart data quality to help simplify data provisioning, transformations, cleansing and enrichment.
- Integrated smart data streaming option to process and analyze massive amounts of data in real time, allowing customers to make critical business decisions on the fly.
- High-performance, ACID-compliant graph storage and engine capabilities, which can be used to process enterprise data or highly interconnected social network and supply chain data. For example, the SAP HANA graph is being used to identify learners and recommend learning materials in solutions from SuccessFactors, an SAP company, by combining transaction and graph data together to uncover insights that were previously hidden or too complex to calculate.
- SAP HANA user defined functions (UDFs) for Hadoop enable SAP HANA to access the map reduce jobs within Hadoop directly.
Fall Update of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform
Since the release of the updated SAP HANA Cloud Platform earlier this year, SAP has seen significant progress with the adoption of the platform and services delivered. SAP is increasingly making it simple for partners to build applications on top of SAP HANA Cloud platform. Customers and partners are demonstrating key applications and innovations on top of SAP HANA Cloud Platform at the show. New offerings include:
- Data synchronization and a push notifications API enable delivery of apps that engage users. The new administrative user interface now shares the same look and feel as the SAP Fiori user experience, keeping administrative tasks simple and efficient.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform mobile services allow customers to build and deploy mobile apps that seamlessly integrate with on-premise or cloud-based systems. One-click deployment from mobile services to mobile place offers an easy and quick discovery, download and provisioning of apps on both managed and unmanaged devices. New integrations with mobile and wearable devices such as Samsung Gear S and Galaxy Tab Active can make SAP HANA Cloud Platform even more powerful to users.
- The SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development allows partners to build applications in the cloud, as well as leverage SAP HANA Cloud Integration technology and the SAP Jam social software platform. A new licensing option enables partners to embed SAP HANA Cloud Platform into their applications and become self-sufficient cloud-service providers. Companies like Birst are already taking advantage of these capabilities (see “SAP and Birst Collaborate to Deliver Instant Cloud Analytics on SAP HANA Cloud Platform”).
In addition to SAP HANA SPS9 and the fall update of SAP HANA Cloud Platform, the SAP API Management technology cloud beta edition is now available, allowing business leaders to share digital assets and enable developer communities to utilize these assets in new channels, devices and user interfaces. Built on the Apigee Edge digital acceleration platform, SAP API Management will allow customers to provision APIs with integration to SAP applications and services, such as SAP Process Orchestration and SAP Gateway technology, on premise or in the cloud via SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
“APIs are driving the digital economy. SAP API Management helps businesses make their digital apps and assets more consumable, creating higher-value customer interactions,” said Chet Kapoor, CEO of Apigee. “Powering mobile-first and data-first strategies, Apigee and SAP are transforming companies into digital businesses.”
For more information, press only:
Dorothea Sieber, +1(650)-2768661, firstname.lastname@example.org, PDT
Cathrin von Osten, +49 (6227) 7-63908, email@example.com, CET
SAP News Center press room; firstname.lastname@example.org