SÃO PAULO — Further enhancing the portfolio of offerings powered by the SAP HANA platform, SAP AG today announced SAP ERP Foundation Extension. This integrated and comprehensive modern offering enables companies new to SAP to implement a system optimized to their specific needs, allowing for scalability at affordable cost. SAP ERP Foundation Extension addresses the specific needs of fast-growing companies in emerging and established markets to run their business in real time and is based on the proven enterprise resource planning (ERP) application, SAP ERP, which has been optimized for use with SAP HANA. Underlining the importance of this new offering for emerging markets, the announcement was made at an SAP customer conference being held today in São Paulo, Brazil. The offer has also been introduced at customer events in Shanghai, China, Johannesburg, South Africa, and Mumbai, India. Additional events in other fast-growing markets will follow this quarter.
Powered by SAP HANA and enhanced with application innovations in mobile, analytics and cloud, SAP ERP Foundation Extension spans mission-critical core processes — such as finance, human resources, IT management, manufacturing, procurement, sales and service and compliance — and can be deployed flexibly on premise, in the cloud or in a hybrid model. To help accelerate business productivity and efficiency, it offers industry best practices, unparalleled integration tools, role-based controlled access and extensions for basic business processes via cloud, analytics and mobile solutions.
Deployment options for SAP ERP Foundation Extension range from the established on-premise landscapes to hybrid models to private cloud environments, such as the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service, first introduced in May, or any SAP partner cloud offering. Additionally, various SAP Rapid Deployment solutions, delivered either by the SAP Consulting organization or the vibrant ecosystem of more than 3,700 SAP services partners, can accelerate time to value. The offerings will also be available for indirect sales, and gives 3,900 SAP channel partners and value-added resellers (VARs) the opportunity to enhance their own industry-specific SAP Business All-in-One solutions.
Mission-Critical Capabilities Included as Part of Standard Offering
SAP ERP Foundation Extension combines SAP ERP with a range of innovative capabilities in a tailored bundle of applications, including:
- SAP BusinessObjects business intelligence (BI) solutions for access to the most requested applications in the renowned analytics portfolio, with ability to tailor reports, blending analytics into operations
- SAP Access Control application for enablement of full compliance early on and ability to deploy a holistic role-based concept from the start
- SAP Fiori apps for increased employee productivity and end-user acceptance with Web-based apps on any device, as introduced at SAPPHIRE NOW in 2013
- SAP Cloud for Sales solution for instant sales force enablement with a lean, intuitive cloud-based solution
- SAP NetWeaver Process Integration software for integration of third-party legacy systems to help ensure seamless business operations
- SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On software for an enhanced user experience with no redundant system log-on by the end-user
- SAP HANA and the benefits of the planned SAP HANA Live offerings intended to protect IT investment
Rapid-Deployment Solutions Help Ensure Quick Implementation
SAP Rapid Deployment solutions bring together preconfigured best practice business processes and implementation services to accelerate time to value while helping customers leverage proven business experiences. SAP Rapid Deployment solutions enable speedy implementation of SAP ERP Foundation Extension for all major elements, including SAP ERP powered by SAP HANA, SAP HANA Live for SAP Business Suite, SAP Fiori and SAP Access Control. Customers will be able to choose deploying them one-by-one in a modular way or pre-assembled all at once, whether on premise or in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud.
“In the new business economy, innovation matters,” said Chakib Bouhdary, executive vice president, Industry Solutions and Customer Value, SAP. “SAP ERP Foundation Extension is an extended offering designed with the power of SAP HANA, the beautiful usability of SAP Fiori and analytics and mobile integrated into one platform — a complete rapid-deployment solution. This is one of the most sophisticated ERP offerings in the market run by SAP and its partners across the world. This is another example of SAP innovating and driving high value for our customers as never seen before.”
For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom.