SINGAPORE — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) started the year strong in Asia Pacific Japan (APJ), as first quarter non-IFRS cloud subscriptions and support revenue in Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) rose 137% from the previous year (105% at constant currencies). Cloud and software revenue across APJ also grew 38% year-over-year (23% at constant currencies) in Q1.
The driving force behind the very strong Q1 performance was SAP Cloud, which benefited from the ongoing migration of existing customers to the cloud along with new customers in both mature and emerging markets. SAP HANA, the in-memory platform for next-generation applications, also showed strong growth in Q1.
“We’ve had a spectacular first quarter in 2015 which creates a strong foundation for the year,” said Adaire Fox-Martin, President of SAP APJ. “The dynamic behind this is the hyperconnectivity in Asia. It’s about connected infrastructure, vehicles, logistics, wearables and machine-to-machine devices. The range and scale of data, for processing, analyzing and decision-making has grown exponentially. Our customers are seeing the importance of doing all that in real time.”
The launch of SAP S/4HANA was also the highlight of Q1 in APJ. SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s next-generation business suite fully built on the most advanced in-memory platform today – SAP HANA – and modern design principles with the SAP Fiori user experience. SAP S/4HANA delivers massive simplifications and innovations to help businesses run simple in a digital and networked Asia. Customers in the region showed strong interest and have selected SAP S/4HANA to simplify their business.
“Our strategy of helping our customers run simple by increasing efficiency, improving ease of use and ramping up the speed and range of data analysis, is paying off and getting traction,” said Fox-Martin. “Our customers can see how it makes for better and more timely decision making, particularly as new networks and technologies allow businesses far greater connectivity with markets, customers and their entire supply chain. As the complexity rises, so does the need to run simple, which is why we’re seeing SAP Cloud powered by SAP HANA grow in popularity.”
SAP customer highlights in the first quarter across APJ:
- APL Co Pte Ltd from Singapore selected SuccessFactors over Oracle.
- COSMAX, a leading cosmetic manufacturer headquartered in South Korea, selected SAP Simple Finance, part of SAP S/4HANA, and SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA to build capabilities for real-time analysis and prediction and simplify its sales process. With the SAP Fiori user experience, COSMAX expects to make SAP applications accessible on any device across the organization.
- Doosan, a multinational conglomerate based in Korea, with particular emphasis on energy, manufacturing, construction, machinery, consumer and service chose the full SAP SuccessFactors suite, including Employee Central, Workforce Analytics and SAP Jam. With SuccessFactors, Doosan expects to streamline global HR processes and attract, develop and retain the best workforce for their company.
- INOX Leisure Limited from India selected SAP S/4HANA.
- Australia’s La Trobe University recently went live with SAP Simple Finance solution powered by SAP HANA. As the first organization globally to adopt SAP Simple Finance, La Trobe University will benefit from instant insight across financial and operational processes to drive value through planning, analysis, prediction and simulation. They have a term for it; they call it ‘Brilliant Basics.’
- Midas Safety Group, a premier global manufacturer of safety products, recently selected SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud platform to leverage SAP HANA-based functionalities to integrate and simplify its production processes.
- Net One Systems, a leading network and cloud integrator headquartered in Japan, recently selected SAP HANA and SAP Simple Finance, part of SAP S/4HANA, to simplify and improve its business operation. Together with SAP Fiori, Net One Systems expects to improve its sales productivity and achieve decision-making process in real time.
- Parle Biscuits Pvt Ltd, part of the industry leading Indian consumer products company, Parle Products Pvt Ltd, has recently purchased SAP HANA database and S/4HANA Foundation Pack over Oracle database solutions. This will provide them a future ready platform for innovation. Parle expects this investment will enable them to become a real-time business and gain competitive advantage by running simple.PT Delami Garment Industries from Indonesia selected SAP S/4HANA.
- PT Delami Garment Industries from Indonesia selected SAP S/4HANA.
- Siam City Cement from Thailand selected SAP S/4HANA.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 291,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
2015 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.