SAP NEWSBYTE – April 28, 2023 – SAP in Switzerland yesterday announced the winners of the SAP Quality Awards 2023, honoring the most successful implementations of SAP applications in three categories: Business Transformation, Cloud Transformation, and Sustainability.
The grand winners of this year’s SAP Quality Awards are:
- Kantonsspital St. Gallen (Business Transformation)
- Kistler Instrumente (Cloud Transformation)
- Clariant International (Sustainability).
Projects with measurable added value
SAP Switzerland has been presenting annual awards to customers for excellence in implementation projects since 2008. Successful SAP implementations demonstrate both outstanding project planning and a focus on rapid, cost-effective deployment close to the SAP standard.
A panel of judges assesses projects that have been nominated for an award based on how they address ten quality principles. These are the principles SAP recommends customers to follow for better outcomes when implementing its standard software. Their purpose is to generate measurable added value and meet today’s demand for short implementation cycles and rapid time to value. As well as recognizing SAP customers who have achieved outstanding implementation results, the SAP Quality Awards also help create a community of thought leaders to strengthen collaboration with customers and partners.
Awards for 13 projects in three categories
To select this year’s award-winners, the SAP Quality Management team in Switzerland once again evaluated a large number of successful SAP projects. Awards were presented in three categories, including – for the first time – Sustainability.
- The Business Transformation category is for large projects with more than 500 users, a timeline of more than six months, and a project effort of more than 900 person days.
- The Cloud Transformation category is for large projects that meet the same criteria as business transformation projects, but whose focus is on the transformation of cloud solutions.
- The Sustainability category recognizes projects that actively deploy one or more solutions from SAP’s sustainability portfolio and have a measurable impact on at least one of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
The judging panel selected one grand winner – plus one or more runners-up – in each category. In total, SAP Switzerland honored 13 projects delivered by companies operating in Switzerland whose achievements best met the award criteria.
Award-winners in the Business Transformation category
The grand winner in this category is the Kantonsspital St. Gallen, the main hospital for the Swiss canton of St. Gallen. Its SAP S/4HANA business transformation project – one of the largest of its kind ever undertaken in Switzerland – aimed to consolidate the IT systems at five separate hospitals in a single environment. Harmonizing and standardizing processes and master data was a key element of the project. The judges were impressed by the implementation team’s approach to managing the complex technical and organizational dependencies involved, and to ensuring that the hospital’s availability requirements for acute care were met. Swisscom was the implementation partner for this major project.
Awards for outstanding SAP S/4HANA on-premise implementations also went to:
- Swiss technology group Bühler, which completed a full-scale SAP S/4HANA project and integrated additional SAP solutions. Its implementation partner was Swisscom.
- Retail and wholesale company Coop Genossenschaft, which migrated both of its core SAP Retail systems to SAP S/4HANA. Its partners on the project were SAP Switzerland, SNP, and retailsolutions.
- Health insurance company Helsana, which moved its SAP landscape to the new SAP S/4HANA environment on Azure. NTT Data Business Solutions was its implementation partner.
- International tobacco company JT International, which implemented SAP trading platform integration to enable end-to-end cash flow hedging. Its implementation partner was PwC Schweiz.
- The Swiss canton of Basel-Landschaft, which overhauled its entire system landscape, including migrating to SAP S/4HANA and going live with additional SAP solutions. NOVO Business Consultants supported the project.
- Universitätsspital Basel, one of Switzerland’s five university hospitals, which migrated its SAP solution to SAP S/4HANA to lay the foundations for digital transformation projects in the future.
- Another customer project SAP is not permitted to name also won an award.
Award-winners in the Cloud Transformation category
Kistler Instrumente, a pioneer and global market leader in measurement technology, is the grand winner in this category. The company’s cloud transformation project involved implementing SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Business Technology Platform, and SAP Configuration & Pricing Services (SAP CPS). Now that it has the latest technical platforms in place, Kistler can reimagine its digital customer journey. The judges were particularly impressed by the company’s change management approach and by the measurable business improvements it achieved within months of going live. Sybit was the implementation partner for this project.
Other award-winners in this category are:
- Swiss rail company BLS, which worked with SAP Switzerland to implement several SAP SuccessFactors solutions to standardize, simplify, and optimize its HR processes.
- Roche Diagnostics, which implemented SAP Subscription Billing and SAP Entitlement Management as part of its plans to offer ground-breaking digital healthcare products and services. Accenture and SAP Switzerland were its implementation partners for this project.
Award-winners in the Sustainability category
The grand winner in this category is Clariant International. One of the world’s leading specialty chemicals companies, Clariant executed a project to automatically calculate, simulate, and predict a product’s carbon footprint. This means that it can now identify potential for improving its footprint, forecast future emissions and – based on these forecasts – calculate its carbon reduction obligations. The judging panel was impressed by the high level of sustainability innovation achieved in this project and by its value as an aspirational model for other companies. NDC Group was Clariant’s consulting partner.
A Sustainability award also went to:
- JT International, which implemented SAP Business Integrity Screening to enable it to check and monitor whether any of its business partners are subject to economic or other sanctions. SAP Switzerland provided support for this project.
Image: SAP Quality Awards 2023: the winners from Switzerland
SAP’s strategy is to help every business run as a sustainable, intelligent enterprise. As a market leader in enterprise application software, we help companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: SAP customers generate 87% of total global commerce. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers’ businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organizations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want, easily and trouble-free. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables customers in than 25 industry sectors around the world to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees, and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improves people’s lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
# # #
This document contains forward-looking statements, which are predictions, projections, or other statements about future events. These statements are based on current expectations, forecasts, and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to materially differ. Additional information regarding these risks and uncertainties may be found in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to the risk factors section of SAP’s 2022 Annual Report on Form 20 – F.
© 2023 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices.
Note to Editors
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high-resolution material for direct download. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
Corporate Communications & Media Relations
SAP (Schweiz) AG
Tel. +41 58 871 67 15
Mobile +41 79 214 45 81
Please refer to our Privacy Statement.