SAP TechEd 2012 is on the horizon, and the deadline to compete in the conference’s highlight event, Demo Jam, is less than two weeks away. But it’s not too late to get your submission together, and SAP.info is here to explain new rules that make the competition more customer- and partner-centric and outline what you need to do to be considered.
In 2012, Demo Jam will take place in three SAP TechEd locations: Las Vegas (October 16), Madrid (November 13), and Bangalore (November 28). The submission deadline for all three events is Friday, August 31.
What is SAP TechEd Demo Jam?
At Demo Jam, SAP customers, partners, and employees showcase innovative technologies developed using SAP technology. In its 10th year, Demo Jam is one of the most anticipated events at SAP TechEd. Attendees turn out in the hundreds (and sometimes thousands) to see real code at work.
In the competition, teams of finalists present live, fully operational demos with a time limit of six minutes. The audience selects the winner. A committee of SAP experts selects four finalists to present in each location – to be announced in mid-September. Additionally, between one and three additional finalists per location are chosen at the pre-conference SAP TechEd InnoJam.
What’s New at Demo Jam 2012
Teams representing SAP customer and partner companies have always been eligible for Demo Jam, and that continues in 2012. Teams composed of only SAP employees, however, are no longer eligible. To encourage partnerships, SAP employees may only participate in the competition if they are teamed up with an employee of a partner or customer company.
Considering a submission? Get Inspiration, Help, and Tips
– In this video, DemoJam 2012 coaches Tobias Queck and Sebastian Steinhauer offer tips on how to create a winning Demo Jam submission
– Want personal assistance from Coaches Queck and Steinhauer? Contact the coaches directly for individualized help.
– Not sure if DemoJam is right for you? Watch this video outlining the top five reasons why you should give it a shot.
– Ready to code? Visit the new SAP Developer Center to access SAP software.
– To enter, simply complete the SAP TechEd 2012 Demo Jam entry form.
– In teams composed of an SAP employee and a customer or partner representative, the non-SAP employee must submit the application. List the SAP employee in the co-presenter field.
– Submit a screen cam of your demo with voiceover. Entries without a voiceover will not be considered.
– Submissions demos longer than ten minutes will not be considered.
– Only one entry is necessary for all three Demo Jam locations. Indicate on the entry form at which of the SAP TechEd 2012 event(s) you would like to compete. (You may compete at one, two, or all three.)
– Finalists get two complimentary SAP TechEd 2012 Full Conference registrations. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the competitor.
– Submissions must use at least one SAP technology or application, must be new to DemoJam (no recycling last year’s entry!), and must solve a real problem or otherwise bring value to customers.
– Any number of people may work on the project, but a maximum of two people may present onstage at the final competition.
Still have questions? Contact the SAP TechEd 2012 DemoJam team.